• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Anvil

Am I the only one who found the Anvil to be a little weird?

If I intentionally put it on an anhyzer it would pretty much hold it the whole way. It definitely held a hyzer and would do a flat to fade shot but I was surprised that every time I'd try to put it on anhyzer expecting it to fight out it didn't.

I really liked the feel of the Anvil for forehands or backhands but switched to the Justice because it would fight out of anhyzer when the Anvil wouldn't.

Was it just me?

If I intentionally put it on an anhyzer it would pretty much hold it the whole way. It definitely held a hyzer and would do a flat to fade shot but I was surprised that every time I'd try to put it on anhyzer expecting it to fight out it didn't.

I really liked the feel of the Anvil for forehands or backhands but switched to the Justice because it would fight out of anhyzer when the Anvil wouldn't.

Was it just me?

No, I like the Justice better as well, more angles available and little better feel IMO.

Was it just me?

Which Anvil were you throwing? Was it a VIP-X (Nikko Vampire stamp) or a domey VIP/TP Anvil? I have pink VIP-X Anvil's and they will not hold an anhyzer for me.

Which Anvil were you throwing? Was it a VIP-X (Nikko Vampire stamp) or a domey VIP/TP Anvil? I have pink VIP-X Anvil's and they will not hold an anhyzer for me.

It's a VIP. I think it's one of the first runs. I think it even says special edition or something like that on the stamp.

Yeah, I got a domey Lucid and it flies almost like a beefy Verdict while the VIP-X with Nikko Halloween stamp is absolute beefcake. It's not even far off of Justice. The VIP-X as board flat which makes it very comfortable for short flicks, but it is just too OS to be the main approach disc.

Has there been any indication of Anvil coming out in BT plastic? Those are usually flat as well and could be beaten into whatever you want it to be. I would be interested for sure.

Yeah, I got a domey Lucid and it flies almost like a beefy Verdict while the VIP-X with Nikko Halloween stamp is absolute beefcake. It's not even far off of Justice. The VIP-X as board flat which makes it very comfortable for short flicks, but it is just too OS to be the main approach disc.

Has there been any indication of Anvil coming out in BT plastic? Those are usually flat as well and could be beaten into whatever you want it to be. I would be interested for sure.

Anvil is unfortunately not on the published production schedule for 2021, doesn't mean it couldn't happen but they aren't committing to it.

Yeah they did have Nikko By-Hybrid Anvils too. Flat and OS.

Anvil is unfortunately not on the published production schedule for 2021, doesn't mean it couldn't happen but they aren't committing to it.

Is there any Westside on the production schedule for 2021...or 2022? :\

Is there any Westside on the production schedule for 2021...or 2022? :\

Looks like very limited amounts of product has been shipped to North America so far this year. I have seen some of their putters around (Harp, Swan, Maiden, Crown), but don't remember seeing any mids or drivers yet.