• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Anvil

The Anvil is quite stable, and for sure finishes left, when thrown RHBH. It is Beefy but not unusable.

It does not start turning right away, it has a decent forward path followed by a strong fade.

Good grip, nice plastic.

I'm bagging it as my most stable mid and like it well so far.

ought to be good competition for the Harp - hey, wait.....

ought to be good competition for the Harp - hey, wait.....

Exactly what I am wondering.

Is this different enough from the Harp that I need both? Time will tell.

It feels different, not yet sure which I like better.

Has anybody gotten one of these in VIP that is actually flat on top? I got one in Sparkle blue and was disappointed that it had a dome.

Not quite a beadless Justice. That may be a good flight description, but the wing is a little different IMHO.

Attachments

• IMG_20180530_121813.jpg
    IMG_20180530_121813.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Has anyone heard talk yet of the Anvil in BT?

Currently liking the Anvil better than the Harp and thinking that a BT Anvil could be sweet.

I know the Harps are available in BT, just liking the Anvil bit better.

Last edited:
Grabbed one of these today at Gotta Go - It has a completely different rim than a Harp, much more streamlined and mid-like. Cant wait to throw it tomorrow in some wintery winds.

I tried one out, but it was too similar to my Deflectors. Great disc if you like Trilogy.

I bag a Proto and an SE (slightly different flights...less glide and a bit more OS on the VIP Proto)

I ran into a guy on the course who had a Deflector. I threw it a couple of times and thought it was just like the Anvil

I think the appearance is not dissimilar.

And the Anvil is not like a Harp IMO. Possibly similar flights but the Anvil will do that flight over a longer distance than a Harp ought to be capable of

Been throwing Anvil this week - excellent addition to the bag. Slots in just below the Trident for over-stable approaches. Fears no wind. I feels great in the hand and releases very cleanly. Awesome!

Has anyone been able to do a real comparison between one of these and a Mortar?

The one Anvil I've thrown is more overstable than a Gator/Mortar/Zone, but less overstable than a Justice.

Full-power forehands will turn it over, but not as easily as a Gator/Mortar/Zone, while I can lay into a Justice as hard as I want without it turning.

Recently got a tournament Anvil. Love the plastic and the reliability. It's like a Zone but longer and has more of a constant fade rather than a dump at the end of flight. I'm just hoping that the Swedish plastic doesn't break in too fast. Does anyone know how these hold up in the long run?

I have an SE that I use in summer and a VIP Proto that I use in winter (because the SE is a pale blue and likely lost in snow)

I don't have heavily wooded courses, and I mostly use the Anvil on approaches

I've had mine bagged since they came out (not sure how long that is...a year, probably 2) and they don't show any HSS or LSS change yet.

The SE might be slightly straighter than when I started using it...but it was straighter (as in less HSS and LSS) than the VIP in any event

the Anvil is great, but I like the Justice slightly more. I throw Bards as my main mid and the feel of a Justice is so close it makes that a great pairing. The Anvil I have is a bit domier and in between the Bard and Justice stability wise. If I threw a Truth or other headless mid, the Anvil would probably be my go to.

The glide is nice and they can go longer than you think!

"headless mid" lol, that actually pretty well describes the Nikko BT hybrid Anvil I just got... Its like all wing, super high PLH and nothing on top of that. Havent thrown it yet but it surely it one of the flattest discs I have ever seen (i dont count puddle-topped to be "more flat" than a board flat one)

"headless mid" lol, that actually pretty well describes the Nikko BT hybrid Anvil I just got... Its like all wing, super high PLH and nothing on top of that. Havent thrown it yet but it surely it one of the flattest discs I have ever seen (i dont count puddle-topped to be "more flat" than a board flat one)

Autocorrect didn't like beadless

I just picked up one of the Nikko BT-Hybrid Anvils and am waiting for a nice day to go out and give it a throw. Excited at the possibility that it might kick the Harp out of my bag.

Definitely a fan of the BT-hybrid plastic though. For me it kinda feels like the old zero plastic Lat had a while back, but its the literal perfect blend of grip and rigidity for what my hands like. May have to pick up a back up