• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Any Sidewinder Love?

I've always liked Sidewinders. I have both a Champion and a Star that I will put in the bag when needed. Though since I have found Rivers it has been doing just about everything a Sidewinder can do except the really slow left to right turns I get with my beat one.

I started with a roadrunner, but that got beat up and fell instantly in love with sidewinders. It's my go to long distance disc and will do what i want it or need it to do.

Definitely a good starter DD ... as I said, with my current form, it's about the only DD I can control (though I've had a couple reasonable shots with my SL as well). The SW feels like it's just a step 'above' fairway drivers in terms of distance, speed, and difficulty to throw. After discovering the SW I picked up a TL and a Leopard (all three have been pretty forgiving starter drivers).

I have several, and backups. My favorite is the star 150. Tailwind or no wind, it provides my best distance. It's my primary BH driver.
Into a headwind? Forget it.

I love me some sidewinder. Got some beefy ones for fairway anny and long tunnel shots.

anyone interested in a 7/10 yellow champ sidewinder, 176g? stamp wiped, small ink.

You should throw it for him a few times - see what it does compared to your SL (which should have more fade, speed than the SW) and Teebird (should be generally 'straighter' for you than the SW). If it's controllable for you, he's probably not using good form yet; though the SW is supposed to be relatively 'easy' compared to most other DD's.

A buddy has one, wanted a controlable long distance driver, but his is a meathook. We wonder if it's a misstamp.

beat in 175g star sidewinder = love. first day I got it i set it right next to the pin on this 250fter, sidearmed..i was happy.

I am suddenly missing my SW very much :(. It was my first distance driver, and the first disc I ever lost. It went into a field across the street and landed right in front of a large commercial mower. Very sad day. I have been using my Roadrunner in its place ever since, but this thread is making me want to go back out and get another.

I am suddenly missing my SW very much :(. It was my first distance driver, and the first disc I ever lost. It went into a field across the street and landed right in front of a large commercial mower. Very sad day. I have been using my Roadrunner in its place ever since, but this thread is making me want to go back out and get another.

and the guy continued to run it over? thats..sickening! :mad: get another one!! :thmbup:

I love sidewinders, they used to be my longest disc

I got good d out of them, but I didn't like the consistency.

Love my SW...my go to on smaller drives or longer mids. Three times in my young Disc Golfing life I have hit the metal, all 3 were with my trusty sidewinder, love the thing! I got a Discraft XS in a misprint, apparantly they are similar, so will give that a go eventually too.

love me some sidewinder..throw the champy star variety :) .. also i have some First Run Champions id sell if anyone is interested and a pearly Champ or two..also i was curious if anyone had information on Night Shift Sidewinders? I have a SW that looks exactly like the one in Borgs bag and mine also acts more stable than the others..im sure its prob not one but i was just curious if there was a way to tell...

Have a 170 dx Sidewinder, long S curves, but my Champ RR travels further, needs less space to be effective, and is more accurate. I love throwing the RR with a little hyzer and flipping it straight or throwing it flat and allowing it to anhyzer. You can even hyzer it but i prefer my star Teebird for that.

I bought 2 Roadrunners. One is a 175g Champ and has a high PLH and the other is 155g Star and also has a high PLH. I am very unimpressed by them. They are too overstable. They don't have meathook fade but they need tons of power to even think about flipping and they don't have any glide. The Sidewinders I have are much closer to what I like/want. Even my overstable Sidewinders still keep their glide. I really wanted to like the Roadrunner but not enough to keep buying them until I find the right kind.

DISCMEISTER- how far do you throw your Teebird on average?

Latest posts