• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

any squall fans out there

the proline and the sp complement each other well and have knocked all the other mids (except a hpp demon) out of my bag. they will hit any line you want them to.

money 21 said:
the proline and the sp complement each other well and have knocked all the other mids (except a hpp demon) out of my bag. they will hit any line you want them to.

agreed. I currently carry a 173 Proline for the stable/slightly understable slot and a 177 SP Line for the stable/slightly overstable slot and since then my other mids are seeing considerably less air time (except for the fuse, I just love that disc). And no the fuse and Squall do not overlap, the speed difference is pretty significant and are different enought to warrant carrying both. They can perform some of the same shots but still I think they compliment each other very well. Also, the Squall is significantly better on low lines. I do still have a Glo Buzzz as well for the windier days or when I need a more drastic hyzer.

Squall = $$$ and unfortunately does not get enough love mainly because its DGA

Well I'm definitely going to try picking up a couple heavy SP sparkles then.

I was just out in the field throwing putters and mids and the SP Squalls were basically flying like my ESP buzzzes just a little longer.....by little, I mean about 20 feet or so

Tossin' in Memphis said:
I was just out in the field throwing putters and mids and the SP Squalls were basically flying like my ESP buzzzes just a little longer.....by little, I mean about 20 feet or so

That's been my experience too throwing Squall v Buzzz at a field. Squall is a little longer, a little faster, holds lines better. Not overstable, but does fine in moderate headwinds or generally windy conditions. I can thread a narrow gap with the Squall on a course like no other midrange I throw(Buzz, Element, Shockwave, Hawk, Warrior).

Tossin' in Memphis said:
That hold real close for me as well.
SP Squall = z buzz +25'
Proline squall = x buzz +30'.
I have also been throwing the aftershock lately and it flies like a little bit longer wasp for me.

Got a couple SP line Squalls, both 177g. These things are frickin fairway drivers. Very nice and controllable. Not a strong fade, so they power down pretty well, and hold a nice hyzer flip straight, and pure anhyzer.

I might give these a try in that slot under the PD. MD2's are a little shorter than a Buzzz, and Squalls are considerably longer, so I might just carry both. I don't know, but they are definitely worth a try. But I wouldn't call them a true mid. They are about as fast as leopards.

Ryan C said:
Got a couple SP line Squalls, both 177g. These things are frickin fairway drivers. Very nice and controllable. Not a strong fade, so they power down pretty well, and hold a nice hyzer flip straight, and pure anhyzer.

I might give these a try in that slot under the PD. MD2's are a little shorter than a Buzzz, and Squalls are considerably longer, so I might just carry both. I don't know, but they are definitely worth a try. But I wouldn't call them a true mid. They are about as fast as leopards.

Squall is a midrange, oversized. A faster midrange with more of a driver type rim, but a true midrange nonetheless. Squall may be longer and faster than a Buzzz, but with slightly less glide. In any case, one nice disc!

Is the stability of a SP Squall comparable to a P Aftershock? I like the Aftershock but I can't find a SP in a decent color that would make it easier to find. This is why I'm thinking about getting a SP Squall.

For my power, the Squalls were quite a bit more understable than a Buzzz. It depends on how far you throw. I don't know much about aftershocks, but if you're looking for a straight disc, you might want something more stable than a Squall. If you're a hyzer flip thrower, the Squall might work for you. They seemed to fly about as fast as a leopard for me.

SP Squalls have more low speed stability than proline, but not that much more high speed stability. I personally can't get them to fly straight up the gut like a proline aftershock, which is what i'm assuming you're looking for. SP squalls will still have a little right to left play just like the proline.

I'm thinking of trying out the SP Squall as my only mid. Because it would be a fun experience and because I want to carry a light bag. I have only thrown the Pro Squall a little bit and thought it seemed promising, but I figured the SP Squall should have that little extra stability that I would want. I havent tried it yet.
Any perticular disadvantages of only carrying such a fast mid?

The sp squall to me (i have 3 and thrown 5) have mre hss then the proline but less lss. my prolines for me (i have a stack of these) turn then fade bck for a nice s curve. the sp do the same just with not as much turn and not as much fade. If you really just want to go dead nuts straight the aftershock is better but shorter and has a good late fade. I can hyzer flip my squalls to straight and i think the sp is better for this. when i hyzer flip my proline they fly straight most of the way then have a hard fade at the end. The squall is my favorite mid and for perspective i throw them about 300-325 so i don't have a huge arm.

money 21 said:
The sp squall to me (i have 3 and thrown 5) have mre hss then the proline but less lss. my prolines for me (i have a stack of these) turn then fade bck for a nice s curve. the sp do the same just with not as much turn and not as much fade. If you really just want to go dead nuts straight the aftershock is better but shorter and has a good late fade. I can hyzer flip my squalls to straight and i think the sp is better for this. when i hyzer flip my proline they fly straight most of the way then have a hard fade at the end. The squall is my favorite mid and for perspective i throw them about 300-325 so i don't have a huge arm.
Sounds great! I'm gonna order one of those SP Squall beauties a.s.a.p.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that there are a group of squalls that have the basket stamp on them that are very stiff and are more stable then the rest. very similar to the sp but with better glide. The color i have for these are orange and dark yellow.

Took a squall out today to mess around with. I found it to be a very nice flying disc. It flew very similar to my glo z-buzzz, but a touch more speed to it. I might put this in my "extras" pouch of my bag to mess around with.