• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Anyone like the Warlock?

It's definitely an aviar copy. If you like super stiff putters you can try a radius 1080. It's a warlock and there was only one run so they all feel the same. Well, all the same colors feel the same anyway. they take pretty decent power and are pretty durable.

the 1080's are a little bit more stable then the current warlocks. i think this is why some people in the DMV still putt with them.

think small circle tooled warlocks.....might be nice if you are going to throw them for longer upshots or on windy days. also they are def going to get weird looks when you drain a 40 footer with one.

Booter are you spin or push putter? inside the circle that is.

hmm i might try a 1080 if i can find one.

im a spin putter matt,which is y i dnt care for stifff putters for putting but i do like a happy medium with a little give

scooped up some chalky s warlocks and a glow to try out. im looking forward to this already.

sidenote: i also think im going to switch to being a push putter after tlkn to a buddy.

well on the first of the year i switch to spin putting for all putts. now u win tourneys in the 27-35footers made.

I feel that i can make everything within 22feet push putting but the % drops off rather dramatically. with spin putting i'm still making a good % within 22 feet but the bonus is i'm now making about 40% from 35feet which is way up. i'm also practicing for at least 45min a day so that might be part of it.

If you want some 1080s drop me a pm and we can work somethign out.

I use medium warlocks, it's been my putter since the protos came out. Think more durable classic aviar with a speed increase similar to the wizard v. BB. I personally think this model is better for gofers who need a little more glide than the wizard offers. GREAT jump putter

I would love to unload my 4 warlocks now. 1 Medium warlock (normal gateway medium, not great for driving), 1 Soft warlock (stiff but sticky, best putting warlock), 2 SS warlocks (both grippy, bendy like DX, good for driving and putting).

It was a solid disc and I really wanted to use the mold because it beats into so many stages from being slightly overstable. But the challenger has beaten it out in my bag, and the ion may push out the challenger.

well on the first of the year i switch to spin putting for all putts. now u win tourneys in the 27-35footers made.

I feel that i can make everything within 22feet push putting but the % drops off rather dramatically. with spin putting i'm still making a good % within 22 feet but the bonus is i'm now making about 40% from 35feet which is way up. i'm also practicing for at least 45min a day so that might be part of it.

If you want some 1080s drop me a pm and we can work somethign out.

spin putting iss nice but as my buddy and i were discussing,when your fatigued,tired or just not feeling it,spin putting can be bad. you have to be on point in your feel for it. otherwise you miss left and right,which is what i suffer on cold mornings for rounds. i find that the miss rate and overall blow by rate is mmuch smaller with push putting. where as spinninng can get you a longer comeback or a nasty spit even from 10' out if your not careful.

ive been a spin putter all my dg years and i think its time to change for the better. theres lots of ways to spin putt,which makes the inconsistencies arise.gd luck to u matt,its not a bad putting style once u learn it. ill pm ya if i want some 1080's. thx

cfiar,pmd broskie

so far im liking my warlocks. i scooped up a softer one than the stiff s warlocks i received from mst. i tweaked my putt a little and made the change to putting my index joint under the bead and my putting has gottn so much more consistent.

i may still try to work push putting in down the line but atm im putting fine with them. at first i was still using a stiff omega before having confidence in the warlock.now ive made the warlock my main putter to give it a fair auditionso far ive had good results. its straight inside the circle but still beefy on drives and for wind. feels better putting my index under the edge on the warlock than it ever felt on omegas. not sure why but idc :).

now i just need to find some good chalkies.

anybody have hood results with the evo warlocks? beefy and worth a shot?

good luck on changing stuff up with your putting. i know the grip change will help for sure. i found that the video in the 'interesting pre-putt routine...' thread helped clean up my push putt a lot. since you aren't consciously spinning the disc with a push putt, you have to get good clean spin from the wrist extension and getting the hand all the way open. i'm also putting everything with a little bit of hyzer and my accuracy has gotten way better outside the circle.

putting with a little hyzer provides more spin with a push putt stlye.

how/why is that? i also found that putting with a little hyzer and emphasizing the angle of wrist extension has almost totally stopped my wrist from breaking on longer putts. i forgot to do that on my first round last thursday and couldn't hit a putt to save my life. made that adjustment before second round and the difference was phenomenal.

Last edited:
bump it up! looking for more warlock fans. im still loving my warlocks after a year has gone by. my putting has been consistent and they just suit me better than any other putter out there.

why does it still get no love though?!

i really want some rff warlocks or some 4s warlocks...whos with me!!??

I got some warlocks in the collection I aquired recently, but haven't tried them out or found anyone who wants to buy them lol

i putt with SS magics and use SS wizards for drives and approaches. I always thought the warlock was just a slightly less stable wizard without a bead so never really looked into it much, but for those who hate beads seems like a good wizard alternative

Warlock was the first putter I had that felt "right".

I guess I just went away from them b/c Gateway putters are like a $120/year investment (one putter a month before it gets too damn warpy). The RFF's may alleviate this...

Now I'm back on Wizards so we'll see!

see ive had that problem with wizards because the plate is thin but ive had my warlocks for over a year in the bag and they dont have any clovers at all. feels like the plate is thicker than a wiz.

Warlock's are huge up here in the NE. More people putt with those than Wizards I would bet. I putt with Wizards right now but have thought about making the switch to the Warlock. Tried to get my brother to trade with me for the winter since the Warlock is his main putter. The Warlock is the fastest selling putter at one of the local courses here, Woodland Valley.

see..i knew others liked the warlock,i just domt understand why it doesnt get love like the wizards nd magics do.

i would love some eraser warlocks!!