• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Anyone like the Warlock?

booter

* Ace Member *
so does anyone like gateway warlocks? ive been thinking thaat i want to try one. i never have before because it just seemed like gateways bastard child. ive tried all the other putters though.

how deep are they?
how do organics and glows fly?
how do the glows feel? stiff meds or soft? slick or grippy?
ive read theyre beadless wizards basically,is that true for stability?
how do these conpare to discmania p2 psychos?

looking for info and maybe profile pics next to a p2,wizard,magic. ive had interest in trying magics again too but i gotta catch a glimpse of these warlocks. :)

Last edited:
Ric
I think it's an Aviar

I used to throw them way back but that means nothing cuz what I knew then v now is much different

I'm not sure what hole you were looking to fill.

If you want an Aviar but in...ummm I'm gonna say "better" plastic assuming you hand pick the ones you like for grip etc...then maybe this would be the way to go

decent glide
quite neutral but not understable

I don't think as deep as a Wiz as there is no bead

it is a copy of the standard mold beadless avair or the P-1 Maniac.

I have a med. 175g that nikko signed and gave to me.
Feels awesome in hand very grippy yet stiff.

I haven't thrown the warlock but i did have a maniac that was my main putter till i moved to ions.

WARLOCK LEFT ION RIGHT
127_1135.jpg

WARLOCK LEFT P-1 MANIAC RIGHT
127_1134.jpg

not lookin to fill a gap per say but more so in trying out a new putter . :) not saying goodbye to omegas but it doesnt hurt to try since my puttin sucks balls lately

ha, tell me about it
last week I went back to "push" putting and basically just trying to lob the disc into the basket
it worked well
Saturday I made all kinds of putts

Sunday...missed everything
practiced yesterday...can't make anything

this happens to me on every style I try
it will work for a while and then I just seem to totally forget what was working and can't emulate it

I hate it
right now I can't seem to finger spring and keep breaking my wrist

this post has nothing to do with Warlocks

Edit: my post 5 can be deleted as the pics appear to have been fixed

I bought one at Wanna Play Disc Golf in Round Rock before they closed because they were out of Wizards. It is a decent disc but since getting a Wizard I hardly touch it anymore. If you are interesting in trading I will meet you at a north side course as I wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

lol i know how u feel. my game just went to the ****ter lately,so obviously its prime time to try new things lol. i figured i would try the warlock for once or go back to magics. sure i could hunt down omega aps and have a stiffer omega but thats no fun :) i figured a warlock would make an easy switch and i could get some grippy plastic to boot.

also,i figured if the warlock was decent enough. i could prob get it in premium plastics and use it as a driver too and what not . i use p2s for now but im not completely sold on them as the plastic is still innova rpro shat.

It is nearly identical to an aviar pna. The warlock seems a bit shallower, which allows for smooth and consistent releases. I have used both SS and SSS and the feel is fantastic. Solidly stable out of the box and beats in to dead straight. The only complaint I have is that it tacoes very easily after hitting a few trees. Therefore, I would recommend it only as a putting putter if you get one of the softer plastics.

It's fun to release a Warlock hyzer, watch it stand up on it's line and head dead for the chains from 90 ft.

I use a Warlock when I am 50-100 feet out for long, spin shots. A nice flick of the wrist will send it on a straight line and settles well into putting range. Serves almost like a Buzzz SS. Also great for push putts. I use a firmer, heavier plastic which works well for those short to medium range approach shots.

It's definitely an aviar copy. If you like super stiff putters you can try a radius 1080. It's a warlock and there was only one run so they all feel the same. Well, all the same colors feel the same anyway. they take pretty decent power and are pretty durable.

Right now I am working between warlocks and challengers. Once Mike's ions get here I will try them out. But the warlock kinda works like this. Think 165ish new wizard. That is what the fade is like. But it beats in to be rather understable. Feels like an aviar in hand. Putts pretty solid hop and such are more overstable.

Before I decided I like beaded putters more, the Warlock was my putter. It is definitely the bastard child of the Gateway family, but definitely shouldn't be. They are great putters, and actually make for a great driving putter. I don't think you'll be disappointed boot.

I love my Warlocks they are a beefier PnA Aviar. I think they fall in between a Wizard and Magic as far as stability. I carry a Wizard for driving and windy situations, and my Warlocks for everything else. I also carry a Dart when I need a little extra glide. Try a Warlock for a couple of rounds.

Love it!

Love the Warlock. Won this one in a tourney prize pack:
warlockLSD.jpg

Firm plastic. I mostly use mine for short, straight drives. You can put a lot into the throw & it wont turn over (RHBH). Nice straight flight!