• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Anyone throw an overstable 7 speed?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
Is it worthwhile to have an overstable 7 speed, or just disc up/down to use the FD3 or Drone (or Verdict)? Most everyone has a 9 speed or 4/5 speed OS disc.

Or is there a reason there are few on the market?

I felt up a Banshee. It felt a lot like an Eagle (I have a few). My Star Eagle is the most stable, but it's straight stable, just a bit more than a Teebird/Explorer.

I'd love to have an XXX, but... I guess everyone else does too. eBay prices are kinda high.

DC made a run of ESP Reapers....that's 7-ish and supposed to be OS, I haven't tossed my new one around enough to tell if it really is or not.

I carry a MVP resistor. Idk what speed it's considered, but it's a slow OS fairway. I use it as a super beefy mid or as a typical OS fairway driver.

The XXX, Trident, Whippet, Viper have all been in my bag at different points, but didn't do enough different than my Justice to warrant a permanent spot. Plus ALL of those are super hard to find now.

I haven't bagged one in years but the Banshee is probably my all time favorite mold, behind the Drone and possibly Cobra. I would throw the Banshee and Drone on different lines and they definitely have their own purposes. Think Drone to Roc as Banshee to Buzzz.

I think an os 7 speed is really useful. I use the Millennium EXP-X in that spot right now. I emailed Millennium to see if they were going to make another run & they said no. Maybe Innova is reclaiming the mold.

I'd love to see some Banshee3's. I couldn't find a Banshee that didn't have a ridiculous dome.

I used the Resistor (speed 6) for a few years & really liked it. I choose not to support MVP right now so that's not in my bag anymore.

I like the Spark in the speed 7 overstable slot. Particularly the first fun. Later runs came out different. The newer Optos are still overstable, but not Firebird levels like the first run.

I use a Z Stalker Speed 7 OS. Is a Stalker OS enough to be on the list? I used Z and Old orginal style ESP XL for my speed 7 OS. I still have the ESP though that is a Stalker flight with XL dump at the end of flight.

Last edited:
I've thrown a premium Gateway Blaze for years. The overstability makes it only a little longer than my mids with a strong fade.

Not the Viper, that is still made in DX only.

Even DX Vipers is high weights have been scarce in the last few years. Though the Tachyon 4.1 LF(Viper in Millennium plastic) was really my favorite.

I use a Z Stalker Speed 7 OS. Is a Stalker OS enough to be on the list? I used Z and Old orginal style ESP XL for my speed 7 OS. I still have the ESP though that is a Stalker flight with XL dump at the end of flight.

I was thinking 7 | x | 0 | 3+ Stalker is more like a Leopard3. I didn't know there was a Stalker OS...?

Meh. I've never stepped up to a shot and thought to myself it was a little long for a Justice/Gator but I really don't feel like taking a little power off a Firebird.

I have a XXX in my stash that I did try out briefly but it just didn't do enough special things to fill any sort of perceived gap in my bag.

I was thinking 7 | x | 0 | 3+ Stalker is more like a Leopard3. I didn't know there was a Stalker OS...?

There was a freak ledge stone run that was almost Tilt OS. Can't really find them anymore but they were beefy.

There was a freak ledge stone run that was almost Tilt OS. Can't really find them anymore but they were beefy.

like 10 years ago a run of backstamp ghost stamp crystals were moar beef than the ti ones

and thats sayin somethin

I haven't bagged one in years but the Banshee is probably my all time favorite mold, behind the Drone and possibly Cobra. I would throw the Banshee and Drone on different lines and they definitely have their own purposes. Think Drone to Roc as Banshee to Buzzz.

I've bagged one for at least 15 years. My favorite touch overstable fairway driver. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts