• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone try to throw left handed?

Earlyer this year I had tennise elbow, went out to give the left hand a try. Failed,could have tried more but I was just discusted with the out come and wanted to play so bad.

I just started throwing left handed. I am right handed of course. I am actually amazed at how much it helps to have a short left hand approach shot. I have always felt that a hyzer shot is more accurate than a anhyzer shot for me. An anhyzer shot just doesn't have the same forgiveness that a hyzer shot has. For example, if an anhyzer shor flexes out then you are left with a long putt.

Right now my range left handed is short however after only a few practice sessions I am comfortable enough to throw left handed in a tourny, did it three times in a tourny this weekend.

Any one else start adding left handed shots into their routine?

I have a buddy that can out throw me with his left hand and he is right handed. We call him THE FREAK.

I've been working dilligently to develop my left hand since I started playing last year. I suppose it's slowed my development a little but I have no doubt it's going to pay off in the long run. Right now my LHBH is about 90% of my RHBH.

There are days, however, when my left is more consistant than my right due mainly to slowing down and really focusing on correct mechanics as cmcolomb mentioned before.

I dont know if I'll ever putt lefty (although I practice this too) but if the shot needs a right side finish, or the winds, lie, etc call for it, I'm totaly comfortable using my left now.

im a righty and i cut my rh thumb badly this summer. i drove lefty for a few days after it was cut till it healed enough to play righty again. those games were fun. but very dissapointing

I can putt short distances (rarely finding occassion to do so) but I try to use lefty approach shots when it's a simpler throw, usually those ~60'-70'.

Just as with football (meaning soccer) and basketball it's good to develop both sides, IMHO.

Latest posts