• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Aquaflight discs

From the PDGA's approved manufacturers list:

AquaFlight Discs
7610 Matoaka Rd. Sarasota FL 34243 USA
941-894-0928
Mike Barnett
[email protected]

I talked to Mike Barnett about these a few months ago. They're all designed to float in water and be easy for new users to throw. They've been on inbounds for a while too.

I talked to Mike Barnett about these a few months ago. They're all designed to float in water and be easy for new users to throw. They've been on inbounds for a while too.

Mike is solid guy and great for disc golf, glad to see him branching out into molding discs and will def try these out on my kids.

For reference the 2yr old can hit about 40 feet BH, 25-30 FH and has a wicked OH roller. The 10 month old just chews on them.

Re-bump. Anyone try one? I can't imagine what a 120gram disc would fly like. Looks like most of their molds are understable as well.

Gateway molds them. For instance the Pelican is the Sabre.

They actually fly pretty well, it's just that if there's any wind they are really hard to control.

I once threw a floating disc into our resivour, the disc did its job well. I watched it float away from shore when it occured to me that it might as well sink, cause she wasn't coming back. Never got another one.

Swift

The Swift flies well for me. I'm a lower power thrower, and generally get 200-225 ft from a driver on flat ground with little wind. The Swift was hitting 225 for me easily. I have a different Swift that has an overmold, similar to the MVP discs.

Latest posts