• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are KC Metro courses affected by flooding?

tbonesocrul

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey all, I'll be in town this weekend and was looking to play a round or two with my family this weekend in the Metro KC area. I saw there was some flooding in the area and wanted to know if any of the courses were impacted and had excessive mud or flooding.

Most all the courses will be muddy as heck. Instead of going through the list of possibly affected courses, I suggest looking up the club page (kcfdc.org/forum), or checking out the group on Facebook. There are lots of people posting pics and full of information about their favorite local course. Welcome to town though. There will be league tonight at waterworks ($300+ ace fund) and tomorrow night in Liberty as well as Pleasant Hill.

Joots, please correct me if I'm wrong, but...

I can't imagine flooding being an issue at Water Works. Maybe some fairways or spots that collect water (i.e. casual water), but the entire park sits atop a bluff that overlooks the city and Missouri River. For the most part, that's a course that should drain pretty well.

Not really flooding, just muddy. There are many other courses in the metro that will be more likely to have standing water. Hole #5 at WW has a natural spring that spits water into the fairway, and is always wet, even on the hottest and driest days. The hills at waterworks are also treacherous after a good rain, seeing as how it is a well traveled course, and has many feet making for lots of mud. Either way, I figure a bad day of disc, in muddy conditions or otherwise, is better than no day of disc golf.

Sucks to see on the club group page, all the pics of downed trees and damaged stuff everytime the wind kicks up

Heritage Park (in KS) seemed like a course that wouldn't drain particularly well.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! My family and I didn't go discing until Sunday morning at Legacy Park and didn't have any problem with water or mud. I was able to hit up Waterworks this morning and had a bunch of fun (not muddy, just downed trees). I've seen videos of waterworks but was still extremely surprised by how hilly that course was.

Latest posts