• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Artist wanted for dye commissions

He means including the disc. I did those 4 for trades actually. When he mentions complexity, for example, that Surfer dye is just black, but with all those fine lines and whatnot, the time it takes to weed it goes up by a couple magnitudes, so the cost would go up. But, most of us only charge $5-$10 more for complexity, despite the time increase. (<2 min weeding for, say, a tri-fly vs ~3 hours weeding the surfer)
Dobbins: Hope you and your son enjoy them!

Yea LoPan is right, I always take trades first though. Usually for a single color I take a 7/10 or better disc in return. But pay scale goes up for trades also depending on colors and difficulty.

ah i see! thanks for the insight guys! that makes sense that it would cost more if ther was more work to do

LoPan - I gave them to to him Saturday and he loves them. I think the Moon Knight may be his favorite but he really likes all of them. Thanks Again!

Thought I would give an update on the work in progress.
Mario outline
35a648x.jpg

Luigi outline
2iibxch.jpg

Princess peach outline
25jusqx.jpg

Mario getting painted
rrpq4y.jpg

My next question is this: can anyone dye a person's face on a disc...for example, if I gave you a black and white picture could you put that on a white disc?

It can be done but not by me. There is a clip on you tube about it

Yeah, several dyers on here can do portraits. Some can even do color portraits too. And Enzy is right. One of the "how to dye" videos on youtube is a guy doing a portrait of himself. It's really not even that difficult.

I just wanted to get the portrait of ech of my son's faces on a white disc. Thought it would be a great wall hanger.

I'll take some good pictures and post them and see what you guys think.