• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Ask Gateway!

I for one think the 'inconsistencies' in your runs of putters is a good thing. Most of us disc dorks love buying extra plastic and sifting through bins looking for the perfect one. It probably brings back Easter Egg hunt memories from our childhood or something deep and psychological like that. And as someone posted on a thread a while back, they all fly well. Even after they're warped, dinges or beat to hell, they'll fly fine.

Question - Can Gateway make some discs with similar glide as the that Swedish company has been doing? For low power players like myself discs with mega-glide are a lot of fun to throw. If glide simply a function of plastics, dome, or some combination of several things?

There is a course designer thread for course designers to answer questions if that is something you'd like to do. It's a good thread for those of us to learn limitations and strategies in course design.

Thanks for reading.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are a lot fewer Gateway bags being stocked at retailers lately. Are the bags being phased out or is there just less demand and your focus is elsewhere? Or am I just not horribly observant and they're actually just selling like hot cakes? While I don't forsee needing a bag anytime soon (my 6 year old Gateway Backpack is still working great) I like to recommend them because of how good of an experience I've had with mine. It's hard to tell people where to get them when I don't see most of the usual places I'd look selling them, though.

Also, I didn't see it in your plans, but I'll put my vote in for a new fairway driver with some turn and some fade. The Hybrid seemed to beat in more like an overstable driver like a Blaze or Banshee rather than an 'S' shot type driver like a Gazelle, Cyclone or Eagle. Some sort of workable fairway driver like that in S plastic is something I've wanted for a long time.

Thanks for listening!

we will basically take back any of our discs in return for something else you may want ( as long as youve had it 60 days on a shelf),,, if you need our shipper # email me at [email protected]

I work for one of the big stores you probably know very well. I let them handle at that stuff because I am just putting in my time until I get back into teaching this August.

The new Apache has just been lights out for me. RHBH straight with a little fade at the end. The Warlock doesn't get a whole lot of love, but I really like it better than the Wizard and VooDoo, which are both good. Guess it is just what fits an individual.

sounds like an S-7 (pre scout prototype),, do you like how it flies?

Great thank you. Yes it replaced 3 buzzz's in my bag (of an all discraft bag, ha) it was super tough in strong winds and so much more predicable in the stability dept. Plus i like the inner rim shaped like finger tips I was always afraid of losing it bc i couldn't find anymore. Thank again!

can you send a picture?

will definitely add a few here later. and another speed demon i have i'll upload as well.

p.s. do you think gateway needs a new employee to work at least part-time solely for this thread? thanks for doing this...greatly appreciated.

with anough requests or demands we will run anything,, if you wanna come down and work all weekend one weekend I'll let you or anyone else mix and blend and make kick ass stuff until you black out,,, is this something you would be interested in???
YES!!!!

When can I start taking orders for Night Shift Wizards???

sweet, thanks for the response. even if you don't end up doing the small off centered stamp i think i run of putters stamped with the big g stamp would go over well. or maybe even the arch stamp.

we get a lot of requests for smaller understated stamps, but the online Sellers complain if the art does not meet their pictures they have for web dev.

personally I'd produce a lot more stamps if we didn't get these complaints and we do,, they are just not available from each seller.

I'll think about the off center G's and we are always trying to get Nikko to do more with his line,,, but he likes to practice and win events more than selling stuff.. currently we have 3 or 4 transfers we are putting on tee shorts that would also look good on dri fits so its just around the corner.

Not GW but Demon and Blaze are money and the new scouts can handle a FH really well.

Here's a post from a couple weeks ago regarding mixed bags for pros. (My comment, then another poster's comment in bold.) Essentially, it's alleged that I'm stupid and you're a manipulative liar. Any response?

Posted by IronJack
McCormack lets all Gateway sponsored players use a mixed bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfytPTs5qU

I can understand a company being leery to let their sponsored players use other companies' discs, but on the other hand, if someone wants to use a few discs out of a whole bag, I don't see a major issue.​

You have to understand that the video is spin. Brand-exclusive pro's exist in every sport, and it's not ruining disc golf. Gateway had been offering brand-exclusive sponsorships for years. What was going on at the time was that Gateway had already lost Double G and was in danger of losing Nikko. The "mixed bag" idea was the compromise Gateway came up with to keep Nikko in the company. However, announcing that your disc line-up sucks and you are letting your sponsored players throw other companies discs in a desperate attempt to keep them from leaving doesn't make a very good press release. So you get the spin in that video. I've always been surprised that people fell for that line of bull, but people do.

That's my favorite run, too. I vote for more like that.

I've still got some voodoos like that...so tasty:
attachment.php

Here's a post from a couple weeks ago regarding mixed bags for pros. (My comment, then another poster's comment in bold.) Essentially, it's alleged that I'm stupid and you're a manipulative liar. Any response?

Posted by IronJack
McCormack lets all Gateway sponsored players use a mixed bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfytPTs5qU

I can understand a company being leery to let their sponsored players use other companies' discs, but on the other hand, if someone wants to use a few discs out of a whole bag, I don't see a major issue.​

You have to understand that the video is spin. Brand-exclusive pro's exist in every sport, and it's not ruining disc golf. Gateway had been offering brand-exclusive sponsorships for years. What was going on at the time was that Gateway had already lost Double G and was in danger of losing Nikko. The "mixed bag" idea was the compromise Gateway came up with to keep Nikko in the company. However, announcing that your disc line-up sucks and you are letting your sponsored players throw other companies discs in a desperate attempt to keep them from leaving doesn't make a very good press release. So you get the spin in that video. I've always been surprised that people fell for that line of bull, but people do.

And yet most of us have mixed bags.

Some like a brand's drivers and another's mids and then possibly a third brand for putters.
So if "Poof", your buddy who is playing 990 golf gets to be with one brand then he/she has to get used to at least one model from another brand. Think that won't hurt their game?
Think again.

Nikko is lights out because he can use a Destroyer, Buzzz and Wizard and it's to his advantage to not HAVE TO use a Nuke or an Aviar etc, etc.

Not saying those guys can't do it, but it takes time and might cost them down the road. Nobody is winning millions now but when you blow an upshot because you had to change putters or mid-ranges and it costs you $400-800 and a trophy :first: then it will wear on your mind won't it?

Look, I'm not even gonna say I'd turn down Nova or The Craft but wouldn't you feel better about your next tourney playing for GDS and NOT having to figure out new plastic?

(2 cents)

:cheers:

^ I agree, it's much more of an advantage being able to carry whatever fits your game the best, whether it be from the same company or different companies. Being limited to only your sponsor's discs would definitely hurt a pro's game.

Latest posts