• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

August 2021 4-5 days.

fastdds

Planning a DG trip with son (advanced player). Any suggestions of area to visit for excellent DG and decent weather this time of year. We are from SoCal and want to visit somewhere different. Thanks !

Planning a DG trip with son (advanced player). Any suggestions of area to visit for excellent DG and decent weather this time of year. We are from SoCal and want to visit somewhere different. Thanks !

You might get more helpful suggestions if you narrowed things down a bit. Otherwise, I hear Jarva DiscgolfPark in Stockholm, Sweden is quite nice. ;)

Do you and your son like Rocky Mountain courses, lush forests, high desert, New England woods, etc.?

I recently returned from a trip to Spokane, WA and northern Idaho. Lots of good courses in that area, with Caliber as the highlight. But the weather has been pretty toasty up there lately.

Have you checked the list of DGCR Top Ranked Destinations (clicky)? (might need to click the "Top Destinations" button)

driving? flying?

places I would suggest:

Portland, OR
Tahoe, CA
Denver, CO
Flagstaff, AZ
Seattle, WA
Santa Cruz, CA

Here! Here!

No, not here, not in August. Mountain someplace, in August. From experience, the North Carolina mountains have a cluster of excellent courses, and are a great place to visit. From reputation, west of Denver would seem to be great, that time of year.

We are able to Fly to location. It would be great to play a few courses. I heard good things about MN, but not sure about weather and bugs.
Trees and greenery sound perfect. The local courses here are mostly dry and somewhat open.

The Twin Cities have an absurd amount of courses to choose from. Lots of excellent ones too.

Twin cities looks like fun. Anyone out there have thoughts on weather or preferred area to stay in area?

August in Minnesota could be in the 60s or it could be 90+ and high humidity. More than likely you'd have Temps in the 80s, but this has been a goofy weather year.
We have plenty of mosquitoes and horse and deer flies, but it's really not that bad outside of the remote woods. You'd likely be in the metro area and I would say I can't remember the last time I even used bug spray for a round of golf around here.

If you stayed in either the east or west metro you'd have pretty easy access to tons of courses within an hours drive, depending on traffic.

just booked Twin Cities.
Everyone has their favorite courses but what would you suggest we play on Sat/Sunday that is fun but not going to be awfully crowded? The courses here in SoCal are packed. We would not mind avoiding that.

Latest posts