• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Avenger questons

PRES 101

Birdie Member
Im considering switching over to avenger instead of teebirds. My only driver molds right now are FB's and TB's I like minimalism.

Whats the order of stability from most to least stable (not including the ss) Z,ESP,FLX,X,D?

Do colors make a big difference in stablity? If so what is most/least stable?

Are flat or domey ones more stable?

I used to throw a tealish z avenger and it was near firebird stable. Is it feasible to replace my FB's and TB's with avenges? Or do you think I would still need something between them and a comet like a gazelle or cyclone?

I thow my teebirds comfortably 400 on a golf line, 450 if i push em harder, and thow them 350 sidearm.

Sory i forgot to post that, I am looking for my teebirds to be a bit more stable and longer if im not going to carry a "distance driver". Basicly I want a long fairway driver. And for stablity my teebirds arent great for 400ft headwind shots that need to hyzer out

Avengers or PDs will fill that role perfectly. I love me some PDs, but aren't available in a beefy champ plastic like the avenge is.

the X's are marked 1.6 all the others are marked 1.8. The X's really only have less fade. All are fairly high speed stable unless you have more than 400' of power (correct me if i'm wrong).

Domey ones are more glide and i guess less stable. The only domey one i have is a beat ND X. I do have a newer flat X that is more stable and less glide but it's also heavier. I have a flat ESP that is quite stable also. the ESP and the flat X are both yellow and the Domey one is Orange. I generally can't comment on Color. I do have Z coming to me in the mail. I'll report more on it when i get it.

I have heard of a lot of guys using the Avenger as both a distance and a fairway driver. I use mine mostly for reliable fade distance. I don't throw very far but I have hucked the domey X one 350 uphill on a hyzer flip line, and i have nutted it 400' (mine and Google earth's best guestimate) on a natural S line. But then again this one is beat into a flippy condition. as new it is fairly stable. and my newer ones are heavier. I like this disc a lot. but i think it really takes a slightly bigger arm than mine to really make this one shine. you say you've got a comfortable 400-425 power range so this disc may be really useful for you.

How do the PD's compare to avengers heads up which is most teebird like are they the same speed? ive never held a PD.

Sorry this has turned into a avenger vs. teebird vs. PD thread might as well trow the solf into the aquasion too? I dont

Im not really looking for a fb replacement just wondering if the new z avengers were still that stable

The PD has an FB bottom right? It is more like a TB than an Avenger. you may like the feel of the PD more since a lot of people complain about the Avenger's rim lip hurting their soft girly hands.

The PD is closer to a faster TB than an avenger. The PD has a FB bottom and a new top. The FB wing is pretty much a stretched out TB wing

PRES 10 said:
How do the PD's compare to avengers heads up which is most teebird like are they the same speed? ive never held a PD.

Sorry this has turned into a avenger vs. teebird vs. PD thread might as well trow the solf into the aquasion too? I dont
I can flip a SOLF, I cannot flip a teebird.

thats one of the reasons i quit throwing the avenger there friggin sharp. I couldn't throw thumbers with them at all.

Seeing what Besquared said about the SOLF I might knock them out of the runnings so far im liking the sound of the PD, and the freak stamp on the P ones is sweet

I throw ~350 with teebirds, I picked up a 150/169 SOLF. The 150 turns over easily (as should be expected), the 169 I have to throw on a decent hyzer line to get it to land left. If thrown flat it flips and glides right. Excellent turn over discs though :) Just don't think that is what you are looking for. Granted, mine are light(er) then others.

I'm gonna try out he PD and see what it is all about does anyone throw the P line plastic it is pro correct and the s line is star? I heard the the S line had a little champ mixed in too, is this correct?

P lines Bomb and season really evenly to be really nice turnover discs, but not to fast. S is star and the white S is a real nice blend. They are more LSS and handle wind nicely, but don't overlap with the FB. I use PDs and FBs for most dives. The OLF is more eagle like. I threw Teebirds from the day the came out until this past june and now it just PDs.

For reference I toss TBs in the 390-400 golf range and PDs in the 410-420 range.

You need to try a Z Avenger SS...I guarantee you won't bee sorry....straight, left, right...whatever you want it to do it will do...the more I throw it, the more I love it.

Yehosha said:
You need to try a Z Avenger SS...I guarantee you won't bee sorry....straight, left, right...whatever you want it to do it will do...the more I throw it, the more I love it.
Another ASS lover! :lol:

Out of boredom, I swapped out my PDs for Avengers. They are similar, but the one thing I noticed was that the Avenger will come out more if flipped than a PD. The PD will hold a turn the whole way where the avenger wants to fight back more. I had a lot of good shots with the avenger today.

dgdave said:
Out of boredom, I swapped out my PDs for Avengers. They are similar, but the one thing I noticed was that the Avenger will come out more if flipped than a PD. The PD will hold a turn the whole way where the avenger wants to fight back more. I had a lot of good shots with the avenger today.
Avenger or Avenger SS?

Latest posts