• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axiom pro*Westside discs weekend*Mvp black hole practice?

InDaWoodsDiscN419

Par Member
Wondering if anyone here has tried any of these 3 baskets? Looking for light-sturdy-lower cost

,Metal, non-fabric basket. New Discraft chainstar lite basket is also in the running, but I think

it's a bit heavier. Any Info or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Axiom Pro and MVP black hole pro are the same basket, just different colors. I have the mvp and like it. Sets up/breaks down in a couple minutes, no tools required. It breaks down and fits in almost any trunk. I didn't notice that it's not as durable as a DD Marksman basket, and the cage can bend under a lot of pressure. But I think it is the most portable of the non folding baskets like the skillshot and DiscTraveler.

Nice!

Thanks for the responses. I know that the Mvp black hole pro is the same basket as the

axiom pro. I like that axiom offers colors for better visibility, as I have poor eyesight.

Good to hear 2 positive reviews for the mvp black hole pro/Axiom pro!

I have the Westside Weekend. It looks to be a clone of the MVP or Axiom baskets. It catches well and is sturdy, though light weight. The best feature is it can be disassembled and assembled in less than a couple of minutes. It can easily be transported in a backseat or trunk when disassembled. The same can probably be said for the MVP/Axiom since they seem identical. I would buy whichever one you can get at the best price and shipping options.

I have the Westside Weekend. It looks to be a clone of the MVP or Axiom baskets. It catches well and is sturdy, though light weight. The best feature is it can be disassembled and assembled in less than a couple of minutes. It can easily be transported in a backseat or trunk when disassembled. The same can probably be said for the MVP/Axiom since they seem identical. I would buy whichever one you can get at the best price and shipping options.

The Weekender is nothing at all like the MVP/Axiom baskets. :wall:

The Westside is basically a "hive" type basket. No band, a very thin/shallow basket, and one single row of chains with a cross-chain, just like the Hive/Titan style el cheapo baskets.

The MVP/Axiom baskets have bands, regulation sized baskets, and real chains, in a normal configuration. WAY more solid.

I was dead set on buying an Axiom, but then a barely used DD Marksman fell in my lap locally (fire-sale, guy had to move quick) for $70. So... yeah, I got that instead. Glad I did, it's really helping me dial in on the center pole!!

But those Axiom baskets... if I was buying one new, that's the one I'd get!! :thmbup:

Westside makes the weekend model that does look like the axiom pro with the band, but also

a cheaper version without the band called the weekender ll which does look like a hive type

basket with cross web type chains. Lots of votes for Axiom/black hole Pro. Thanks for all the info folks.

MonkeyGrass you are referring to the Weekender II. I have the Weekender, as per the original question.

Weekend

Thanks for the succinct review Hal9000. Would you say the Weekend weighs around 30 lbs?

I am interested in this basket as well as the axiom pro. Hope to find someone who has tried

out both baskets. Appreciate all of your input.

It does weigh 30 pounds. A large percentage of the weight is in the chains, but I do not perceive it to be top heavy. I keep it inside and have no problem carrying it out and back in. I only disassemble it if I need to transport it in the car. Literally takes less than a minute to disassemble. I am very satisfied with it. Sorry, but I have no experience with the Axiom Pro.

Last edited:
MonkeyGrass you are referring to the Weekender II. I have the Weekender, as per the original question.

Ah ha. I thought they retired the original when they introduced the weekender 2. Didn't realize there were 2 drastically different versions of a Westside basket being sold with essentially, the same name. Great idea! No confusion there, no, none at all!! :wall:

You are right the names are confusing, especially with such drastically different products. I often think a "II" designation means improved, but that certainly is not the case with this. I guess I don't understand marketing strategy.

Axiom pro

The MVP/Axiom baskets have bands, regulation sized baskets, and real chains, in a normal configuration. WAY more solid.

I was dead set on buying an Axiom, but then a barely used DD Marksman fell in my lap locally (fire-sale, guy had to move quick) for $70. So... yeah, I got that instead. Glad I did, it's really helping me dial in on the center pole!!

But those Axiom baskets... if I was buying one new, that's the one I'd get!! :thmbup:

Beauty deal on the DD marksman for $70 MonkeyGrass. I haven't tried any of those type of

baskets yet, but imagine after putting on smaller targets the course baskets seem spacious!

Good info/vote for the Axiom pro. Thanks.

Beauty deal on the DD marksman for $70 MonkeyGrass. I haven't tried any of those type of

baskets yet, but imagine after putting on smaller targets the course baskets seem spacious!

Good info/vote for the Axiom pro. Thanks.

Yeah it just fell into my lap. I was dead-set on the Axiom basket. My friend got a Marksman when they came out, and I've seen first-hand what that basket can do for your putting.. so when the chance came up, I jumped on it. So glad I did.

Seriously, the regulation baskets look HUGE when you go out on the course after throwing 150-200 putts on the Marksman all week. The confidence boost is real, it's like hitting the broad side of the barn. I found myself "pre-groaning/cussing" a couple of putts that I *knew* would have splashed out on the smaller basket, find strong-side chains and stick. Halfway there and I'm saying "arrrrgh" and bang in it goes. Couple guys in my group couldn't figure out why I was bummed at a putt that went in, they all thought it looked good from the minute it left my hand, but I knew that wouldn't have stuck on a Marksman lol.