• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axioms Color Theory.

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
Curious if there would be any way for Axiom (for the benefit of dealer/customer) will ever be able to create a process in where there is a higher percentage of creating color combinations that are more thought out and palatable?

It may not be, due to the process and run and to prevent the waste of material since cores share om? I don't know. Obviously you have your Watermelon runs which are hugely popular, but these are planned out and these runs fetch a premium when sold.

I know they wanted to put a spin on the MVP off shoot and spice it up with colored rims people were wanting and asking for. But, you now hear people wanting white cores, so they do not clash with the rims. And dealers having extremely difficult times selling through popular discs because of some fugly colors.

Is this an issue?

It would be cool to do color combos that match typical school color combos like red/gray, yellow/blue, orange/black, green/white.

That is an interesting question. I wonder if there is a science to this. Or if focus groups would help. Or if there is information regarding people and color combo taste. I always thought Black and Green look awesome together. Green and Blue too. But I wouldn't want those colors on a disc. Do those popular color combos translate to popular disc golf colors? Is it all just too subjective individual to individual?

I personally enjoy the looks of the Axiom discs. Some do look strange. But most are unique and that appeals to me. But, I've entered a phase where I will walk/scroll right past a disc unless the core is pink or orange. The rim color, at that point, doesn't really matter. I avoid green on discs but love the color. Green rimmed Axiom discs give me the ability to own a disc with green on it without having to worry about losing it so easily.

Maybe axiom just needs to make more brighter colors overall?

Do people sort of feel that Axiom falls under fly-dye category? Where they feel that the multi-color will cause a camo effect?

Green & white combo means the disc can work in both winter and summer even if you're not an MSU fan.

I think you want high contrast, but some familiarity. Definitely hard to say. I like Orange Blue Pink and Black.

Do those combos and you will often get my money.

There are colors and combinations that are pleasing to the eye. Cgkdisc mentioned school colors, or sports teams for that matter. They are planned to be appealing to the masses.

There are folks that don't care what their discs look like and sometimes the uglier the disc the easier it is to find and that's what they're going for. Then, there are also the people who pick specific colors of discs and have become accustomed to that (possibly more of the non MVP/axiom throwers used to solid colors or people who throw mixed bags)

I pick my axiom discs only when the colors are super awesome and appealing to me, because I plan on having them for years.

Just did a quick search of Ebay, there is only one white cored Proxy out of ~93 for sale. For the Envy there are four white cores out of 98 for sale.

Making more white cores and allowing dealers to order only white cores is probably the easiest fix...

I still believe this^

More white core Axiom:popcorn:

Just did a quick search of Ebay, there is only one white cored Proxy out of ~93 for sale. For the Envy there are four white cores out of 98 for sale.

Meaning that they are selling them quicker, or not making enough? Both?

Its not an issue like you two seem to bring up in every thread. Most people throw the discs not nerdiscgasum over the looks and stiffness etc. ;)

I have a good relationship with some dealers here (big inventory retail)disc golf shops and they mention it to be an issue.

Better color combos sell better. It's really not that hard to understand. And you know that people do care about the "looks and stiffness etc."

Let's face it, part of MVP/Axiom's appeal is aesthetic. Lots of people are drawn to the discs because of their unusual appearance. I know several people who bag a couple discs and when asked, they usually respond "I don't know, they looked cool." Preferable color combos can only be an asset if they really want to sell more discs.

Yes, yes, I know, the fanbois are ravenous, but there are plenty of folks out there who only have a passing interest.

Probably doesn't help, that the protons are mostly dull colors. Some bright green ones here and there but that about it...

Not in some sort of agreement like you guys think though. Thats why there are so many options. White discs sell bc people dye them not bc its some super popular color. Ive never had someone who doesnt dye discs ask for white snd actually had multiple people say in the ion preorder they didnt want white.

Again... No rhyme or reason in my experience at all as to what people like color wise. Its a flavor really everyone has different tastes.

I think Axiom may have figured out what they're doing.

01161617412_zpsccruhte5.jpg

Bravo. The flow of the plastic plays into that stamp too. I, really like butterscotch colored discs. (Although the lighting and shift in plasma, it might be diff on your end)

White rims match any color.

^ agree, those new Plama Envy are sweeeeeet. I said it somewhere else, the pictures do not do it justice. Although, that is a cool picture right there.

Let's face it, part of MVP/Axiom's appeal is aesthetic. Lots of people are drawn to the discs because of their unusual appearance. I know several people who bag a couple discs and when asked, they usually respond "I don't know, they looked cool." Preferable color combos can only be an asset if they really want to sell more discs.

Yes, yes, I know, the fanbois are ravenous, but there are plenty of folks out there who only have a passing interest.

A lot of truth to this. Casual players will buy up all fly-dye in a store quickly. And around me, it is usually a max weight Boss :D And now there are countless amounts of beginners throwing sweet looking speed 13 drivers...