• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back for more punishment from SW and all who will help!

Notrepidation

Par Member
So, it's been about two years since I first posted my form video during the first week of my disc golf career. In my 2 years playing I have not had near the time I wish I had to work on the things I was told I needed to work on. Still, I'm praying there has been SOME improvement. Distance is STILL an issue. With that said I welcome and appreciate in advance any and all input. Good feedback is beneficial as well. So, let me set up the video.....

This is my current form for throwing my backhand and sidearm shots. Both shots are on the shorter side and neither were full, max distance attempts. The sidearm shot was a Thunderbird....about 260 to the basket.....little hyzer. The backhand was an old Z Wasp shot into a 15 to 20 MPH headwind. About 280 to the basket....straight and slightly downhill. Thanks again in advance for any input!

?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I'm a bonehead and forgot how to embed the video, sorry! Also..forgot to mention...2 physical things.....I was a baseball pitcher and have a ton on scar tissue on my throwing elbow. I know I short arm my follow through but thats as far as it extends. Also, I am 5 months post op from back surgery (ruptured L5/S1) but am fully healed and have ZERO back issues now, Thank God!

FH looks fine although you could try a slight x-step to turn your hips and shoulder easier and further. BH you are opening your foot before you plant and you end up over top your bracing trying to shift your weight from the front. You also finish with your elbow bent and lower arm finishing off plane low, so you aren't releasing your lower arm through the shot on plane. You short arm the hit to your right a bit instead of extending the arc of the swing out toward your left.

Watch how the front foot stays closed on the plant to shift weight/head "from behind you" into closed stance and release the lower arm and finish arm straight and on plane higher and his swing and hit point is arced further out to the left side of the tee pad:
http://betterdg.com/topic/14-video-on-hip-bump-by-dave-feldberg/

Latest posts