• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag brands

cohunter

I am in the market for a disc golf bag. Not sure on what to purchase.
#1 is durability, how long will the bag last
#2 Cost- not wanting to spend a bunch of money
#3 capacity- need a bag to carry around 20 discs(hold them for myself, wife, others who may be playing but don't have discs and introducing them to sport)
Any help is great.

I use Revolution bags (Carolina and Dual Pack). But they are expensive I guess but you pay for what you get. Try like an Innova Comp bag they are alright or maybe a Lat 64. Gorilla Boy bags are the
(o) (o)'s if you can wait. Durability just depends on how much you play and how hard your going to be on it.

Revolution dual pack and mystery ranch golf mahal. The mahal is a great bag, durability, space, lifetime warranty. Last time I talked to them they had about 13 black ones left. I carry a dual pack right now, Thanks jmitch, and I love it. I have a couple friends who have had there's for 5+ years and is still holding up.

http://www.gorilla-boy.com/gorilla.shtml

I have to promote Gorilla Boy because my bag is spectacular and the perfect fit for me. May be a little more money than the competition, but GB bags are hand made with spectacular customer support and quality control. If you can wait a little while, he usually posts some holiday sales exclusive to DGCR members.

he usually posts some holiday sales exclusive to DGCR members.

****! just ordered one no more then a month ago, if i had known i probably would have waited lol:doh:

out of what he has described it sounds like a fade bag may be a good choice. any of the bags built like tanks (revo, gb, grip, etc) are going to come with a large price tag. if you want a good bag on a budget get a fade bag.

I disagree with the fade suggestion, unless you don't play often. The fade retails for 50 a gorilla for 75 wait an extra week or two to save up 25 bucks and enjoy the superior bag.

I've been playing for a year and a half and I'm already on my second bag.I bought a Fade Tourney bag when I first started I plasti-dipped the bottom and got about 8 months out of it.I play about 6 to 8 rounds a week but I also take care of my stuff.I replaced it a couple of months ago with a Revo Carolina and can't even begin to tell you how much more well constructed it is.If you want a bag that's going to last your gonna have to fork out at least a hundred bucks on a GB, Revo, Voodoo, Grip, or any quality bag.

I know when I am in need of a new bag I'm going to get a gorilla boy bag those are the sweet. But as of now I don't need or have the money for one a kong will be in my near future. I really want one I think they are awesome.

i have to suggest a lat64 pro bag..its absolutely huge and made very well with thick material..you can buy them new for around 70-80 bux shipped...and sometimes on here for 60 used.

voodoo, hands down, very well built with all the storage you will ever need, a little pricy but very worth it

I bought a large lighning bag in early july and is still working fine. I have played probley 80 rounds of disc golf since then. I take good care of it and it stays in shape. It cost about $30, holds right now 20 (room for a few more, less putters=more space). But the company went out of business and they are hard to find. Look for them on ebay or amazon..

Two of the best bags I've owned are the Voodoo Karma bag and the Grip EQ, but if you want to sport 20 discs. I'd go with the Karma. If it's comfort you want, the the Grip is the bag. With the use of the front and main cover pouch. You can fit 20 in the Grip bag and that's not counting putters (I fit 3 in mine), but that's pushing it. Both are top quality materials (cordura) and have solid stitching. The Revo bags use to be the gold standard in quality, but these bags are on par with Revo. Plus they don't have the poor design shortfalls the the Revo bags do.
If you want more wiggle room when it comes to the amount of discs. The I'd go with the Karma bag. I could fit 22 with ease in the main compartment and 3 in the putter pocket. Storage is crazy in the Karma bag. With all the sub pouches in the main pockets. I was able to fit everything that I had into just one pocket.
I've not seen or have tried the Golf Mahal, so aside from that bag. The Voodoo and Grip bags are by far the best bags out there today. Sorry Revo, but your design is the worst and makes for a poor bag. Only you quality keeps you around, but not for long if you don't fix these flaws!