• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag feedbag - BZ summer 2015

beazy

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 7 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Left handed
Throwing Style: LHBH, some Lhfh ( working on it after a shoulder injury had me afraid to use it the first 6 years of playing)
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Putters: 250/275'; Mids: 300/350'; Fairways: 325'/400', Drivers 400+ ( Have never really tested for max )

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Sketchy shoulder from baseball
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Alot of fairway deviations dependent on course layout and lack of LHFH confidence
Specific areas of desired feedback: Fairway driver disaster

Bag:
Distance Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
Star Destroyers x 4 - Ranges from beat to death understable to Very Overstable
- These seem to cycle fairly well for me, Cannot flick them to save my life but Usually its not a huge issue at least not till my LHFH develops more

Fairway Drivers (This is the section that gets pretty confusing so bear with it):
175 Champion Thunderbird X2- (Fresh and seasoned) - General overstable Fairway duties that require a left to right finish - Can handle any headwind thrown at them. {Current Fh distance drivers }
171 Champion Thunderbird x2 -( Both worn) - Dead straight shots, very minor Left to right finish.

175 Jk pro Valkyrie x3 - ( Fairly Seasoned / Worn / Thrashed[Spike Anhyzers/Rollers] ) - These aren't always in the bag, Only if I am playing a course where there is heavy woods or it will require throwing shots with severe right to left lines for more than 1-2 holes.

175 Champion Teebird x2 - ( Worn ) - Neither of these have any fade left can lock them in straight or force a slight right to left out of them without much worry about them pulling out. occasionally swapped out for the valks

Mids:
180 Champion Roc3 - ( Seasoned but still beefcake ) Most overstable mid shots
171 Champion Roc3 - Most used mid in the bag Very reliable almost point and shoot slight fade Right.

175 Champion Mako3 - ( Fresh working in as a backup) Currently Straight will hold a very glidey hyzer if needed
170 Champion Mako3 - ( beat and ugly but she flies so nice )

Putters:
Nova 170 something x3 - Probably my most used discs almost anything under 250 and they are getting pulled out Can make them fly on any line.

McPro aviar 175 x 4 ( Hooray Stiff aviars!!) Main putters never thrown off the tee 2 are seasoned have been in the bag for ~2 years used for longer putts 2 are fresh inside 40ft

Thanks for any feedback :thmbup:

I think your fairway setup looks good as far as molds go. But you could probably go with 2 thunderbirds, maybe 3, 1 or 2 valkyries and 1 teebird. No need to carry backups for every mold you have, especially if its casual play. You could easily go from 9 to 5 fairways.
Why the three Novas? Do you use all three? I'd bag one nova and 2-3 aviars.

Your DDs are fine. Seems that Destros are the KC Roc cycle of drivers. If I had the arm for them I'd be throwing a cycle of them too.

I actually do use all three novas, At one point i was carrying 5( I throw really stupid high risk shots with them for some reason during casual play) . I had thought about dumping two of the thunderbirds to keep the valks in full time so that may happen.

Pick 1 teebird, 1 valk, 1 thunderbird, and go play a round. After that round, were there any shots you couldnt make with those chosen discs? If so, fill the slot accordingly. This is how I narrowed down my selection. I went from a leopard, underworld, river, TL, star teebird and champ teebird, champ eagle, and champ banshee (my 9 speed discs I consider drivers). By doing this Im playing the same, or better with an Underworld, TL, TB. Windier days I sub the TB for the Banshee. The eagle is now only for thumbers that I need to flip over to weave through trees on 2 holes.