• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag for 2018(I'm back)

UncleBrother2001

aka Starfirebird/Uncle Matt
I am so glad to be a part of the DGCR community again. I fractured my leg back in 2015. Went through some depression among other things and I didn't think I would play disc golf again. This is my love and I've always enjoyed meeting new people and helping them among the way.

Ok so I have a bag I've been throwing with great success,but am open to which discs I can substitute for an all Innova bag. Yes I love my Swedish discs and they are dear to my heart,but i wanna go back to that Innova bag I threw back in the day some 19 years ago.

All my discs are 175 plus as I want consistency rather than having weights that I know will feel different in the hand which could cause inconsistent results. I lost distance because of my leg so I only throw fairways for distance(350-380)

Drivers

Innova Star Teebird,Champion Teebird,Glo Teebird,DX Teebird. Discs range from turnover,flippy,straight, and overstable. Use them for headwinds,forehands or that tight line you need in the woods.

Latitude 64 Gold Line and Opto River. Opto is more flippy and Goldline is more stable. I mainly use these when woods is not a factor. found these work great for that and tailwinds.

Midranges

Discraft Elite X Comet,ESP Comet,Glo Comet. Discs range from turnover,flippy to stable. Best discs in my bag. My main woods midrange.

2 Dynamic Discs Lucid Truth and Fusion Truth. Discs range from straight to stable. I use these when woods are not a factor and for some forehands.

Dynamic Discs Suspect. Use it for forehands and no doubt overstable drives. great tweener disc between putters and midranges.

Multipurpose

Latitude 64 XXX. Forehands,forehand rollers and short skip shots.

Latitude 64 Trident. Overhands,forehands and big hyzer placement shots.

Latitude 64 Diamond. Only 150 disc in my bag. Use it for backhand rollers and stand still get of trouble shots.Works well for easy turnovers as well.

Putters

3 Innova Pro Line Rynos,Champion Ryhno. Main approach disc. Pin point driving putter and those easy fading drives.

2 Westside Medium Swans and a Hard Swan. Medium Swans are my main putters and the hard swan is for turnover drives. Love this putter.

As i said before I'm all ears for which Innova discs can replace my swedish plastic. Love this plastic though but like to experiment with Innova discs that are similar.

Roc3 (Shark3/MD3 if you don't want the bead) and Mako3 are good suggestions for replacing the truth and comet (although not swedish, could just keep the comet). I feel the suspect is kind of niche, but it's Kind of like a slower roc. Could try out that new AviarX3 there. I hear good things

The leopard or leopard3 could replace the rivers/diamond. Firebird/Viper for the XXX and maybe trident, although the trident is very versatile in its own right. I know there's lots of love for it.

Beadless Aviars for Swans.

These are merely suggestions of what Innova discs could replace your trilogy, but there are many answers that could work. Innova has a lot of plastic these days!

Latest posts