• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banshees

Rocaholic74

* Ace Member *
Here is my question to all you disc knowledge Gods:

What is the best type of Banshee to throw? Is there a difference between the molds like there are on Firechickens and Teebirds? Was there a particular run that was super flat and therefore got super rare? Was the Banshee ever made in CE?

there are 10x and 11x kc pro banshees that are ce blended.
some will tell you there's CAL molded banshees, I can't tell the difference personally.
I throw champion Banshees

Try finding an old Ching Bomb. A friend of mine has a couple of them and loves them. He can throw them dead straight. They were based on a "beat in" Banshee, and can still be found on ebay from time to time.

I have a rare EchoStar Banchee. Not many were made. Got it in my Dynamic Disc mystery box :)
I also throw a champion banchee I have a green one and a blue one.

My Champion banshee is great for a low power player like me (read noodle arm) and fills in the over stable shot perfectly. I highly recommend one.

I've got a CAL molded Champ Banshee that is nice and flat. The plastic doesn't feel that different though. Anyone know when they switched to the CA mold.

My champ banshee is overstable like a firebird. Not the CFR glow flattop firebirds, but the regular firebirds. I prefer to use the regular old firebird for that slot.

DX banshees fill a really nice slot for me. When new and max weight they are nice and overstable. They can hyzer skip, handle a moderate wind, spike hyzer, forehand approach. Just basically a case of "just right" in the amount of beefiness. They beat into really straight flying teebirds like discs. So the DX banshee is what I reach for most of the time I have headwind or need some beefiness. More stable discs, like a firebird or max, are for rare, extreme conditions.

One of my favorite discs (along with Teebird & Firebird) and probably best collection I have. These are great for a variety of shots and I use them for forehand(especially tunnel shots), thumbers & forehand rollers.

I love 11x KC's for throwing and also the Champ Glo CFR's (I've got a few from 2003 that are great)

Banshee Album

Just won this one last weekend at the GoatPath tourney
picture.php

Currently in my Bag.
picture.php

Nice 11x Natural Black - Not Dyed.
picture.php

too late steve beat me...greg you plan on throwing it?

Latest posts