• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

Long-time lurker, finally joined up.

Anyway, saw a lot of other mids referenced in a post above, anybody care to comment on Legacy Ghost matches with the Bard? Lot less Legacy users from what I've seen here in Finland.

I throw Ghost and have thrown a verdict a pretty good bit. Bard will be more HSS and there will be very little movement in the wind. The Bard will probably be more reliable FH.

Both could work in a bag, especially if you play a windy course. I pair my Ghosts with a Gator, but it's more of a utility mold.

I'd really like to try a Bard. If they were in BT I'd probably already have one.

I do most of my upshots with a VIP Harp (BH and FH), Ghost is for tad longer throws. Ghost (Pinnacle 179g) glides far better than the Harp, but at times doesn't want to do its fade like I'd want it to, so if I need to get around something, I tend to use the Harp more because it does its thing more reliably (granted, technique issues might be there too).

I might order a Bard. I'm a little creeped out by the stamp, the guy is screaming because he's about to get hit in the face by a 5,403 pound block. (Or is that 5,403 kilograms?)

I might order a Bard. I'm a little creeped out by the stamp, the guy is screaming because he's about to get hit in the face by a 5,403 pound block. (Or is that 5,403 kilograms?)

pretty sure the bard is supposed to be a woman.

So after throwing the Bard for two weeks, I found I really liked it. I was using it for hyzer upshots in the 200-275 range. Thats the max out on the distance for pure hyzer. I however picked up the Verdict yesterday, and after some field work, the verdict will be kicking the bard out. I found I can get the verdict out to 275-300 consistently. It also seems to fight the wind slightly better.

Had this discussion on the facebook trilogy group and it is indeed a female

It's not, and never has been. Women are not bards. This was brought up way back at the beginning of this thread.

Twinky, that is where I must have read this. I have always looked at the stamp and thought the Bard is a woman from the first time I saw the design. Andy, definitely Bards are dudes historically but this just does not look like a man to me. Oh well, I don't care, I don't spend time looking and staring at my discs so it doesn't matter male or female lol

The Bard is female. Proof attached. I just had to know lol From the artist himself. He also added that if there is no beard on a person on a WS disc, then it's a female. All males have beards.

Attachments

• bard female confirmation.png
    bard female confirmation.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 81
The Bard is female. Proof attached. I just had to know lol From the artist himself. He also added that if there is no beard on a person on a WS disc, then it's a female. All males have beards.

Well, I guess you can't argue with that. Either way, Westside has arguably the best stamps in disc golf.

Wow, this is asinine.

As if we haven't argued more tivial matters on the internet. :rolleyes:

I have always thought that Westside's stamps looked like they were hand drawn by Napoleon Dynamite.
images

Alright then, the most masculine woman I've ever seen ;) The confusion just comes from the fact there's not a single well known female bard in his source of inspiration - bit of a creative license.

Last edited:
Alright then, the most masculine woman I've ever seen ;) The confusion just comes from the fact there's not a single well known female bard in his source of inspiration - bit of a creative license.

So since there's not a single well known Dragon, Innova's floater shouldn't be (or must not be) an actual Dragon?

Just messing with you. :p

Been demoing it recently. Not monster OS and didn't get a chance to put it into wind yet. Holds a hard straight line and leans over left to finish for me RHBH. Flight path is like a mix of Verdict and Suspect. Splits them in distance and flight character. Verdict makes a J in the air, Bard makes an L like the Suspect. BUT, not as much lateral movement as a Verdict and not as much ground seeking dive as a Suspect. Retains fade when maxed out like the Verdict and UNlike the Suspect which trades fade for distance. I don't 4hand mids so can't tell you there. It's a nice disc but my Verdict and Suspect are staying where they are, in the bag.

Got to throw into a 20 mph headwind yesterday - i wasn't throwing well, and turned the Bard over on the first hole. The next hole, it just floated in a straight line and hyzered out after a nice flight. It was the only disc I brought along that had any wind fighting ability, so I threw it a lot. It would turn over in anything 30mph or more I 'd wager, but then, I probably wouldn't play in those conditions.

I've never thrown a Verdict, but I'd say Bard is just as stable as a Suspect, and longer.

Latest posts