• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

my brother has a bard it is white like milk. 1% milk though kinda clear. shiney blue stamp but it goes glittery when its spinnin. almost hit me in the head one day but HEY all of the love of ready golf you know what i mean!? lol that thing is like straight then BAM im fadin what what!? id guess that it would fail horribly in the wind like my team trilogy bros know whatup! but it flies like a midrange should in the air. id buy one but i dont need discs that fade cause i have clean form

Got my hands on a Bard. Definitely not as OS as the numbers would suggest, like many on here have also said, but I don't find that to be a problem. Solid workhorse mid. Feel free to check out the review:

Westside Bard: Namesake versatility

Also, if you're on the Facebook machine, I'm giving away the disc I used in the review. Check out the Noodle Arm Disc Golf Facebook page for details. Enjoy!

I'd agree it's not a super beefy mid, but it can handle more power then most mids, and it will pan to flat on an anny and flex out of a slight anhyzer, what other mid would people compare it too a super beefy roc3 perhaps?

image.jpg

BT Bards!!! These are only available in Finland and I didn't have to pay a ridiculous price for them, thanks Devan! Super stoked to try these out. Board flat too.

I guess I'm one of the few on here reppin' the Bard so I'll give a recap...

The BT Bard is absolutely money. Good lord, it is my favorite mid ever! I'm throwing one now (I have a back up for later) and one TP. The BT started out roughly like the TP, maybe a bit less stable but after 1 round it had already lost most of its LSS. Now, after a few rounds it is the most trustworthy point-and-shoot mid I've ever thrown. It has never come close to turning over, but if I throw it hard and flat it will just go dead straight out to about 350'. It still holds a hyzer completely and doesn't flip to flat.

Westside/Trilogy: We neeeeeed an American BT Bard release. It is the best, most comfortable and most reliable cycleable mid I've found. Come on!

I'd agree it's not a super beefy mid, but it can handle more power then most mids, and it will pan to flat on an anny and flex out of a slight anhyzer, what other mid would people compare it too a super beefy roc3 perhaps?

I think it's beefier than a roc3. It fits pretty squarely between my roc3 and my gator.

I guess I'm one of the few on here reppin' the Bard so I'll give a recap...

The BT Bard is absolutely money. Good lord, it is my favorite mid ever! I'm throwing one now (I have a back up for later) and one TP. The BT started out roughly like the TP, maybe a bit less stable but after 1 round it had already lost most of its LSS. Now, after a few rounds it is the most trustworthy point-and-shoot mid I've ever thrown. It has never come close to turning over, but if I throw it hard and flat it will just go dead straight out to about 350'. It still holds a hyzer completely and doesn't flip to flat.

Westside/Trilogy: We neeeeeed an American BT Bard release. It is the best, most comfortable and most reliable cycleable mid I've found. Come on!

This is the kicker here. Getting them in BT. Just the TP, I'm so-so with it...but in BT, I would replace all my mids for it

This is the kicker here. Getting them in BT. Just the TP, I'm so-so with it...but in BT, I would replace all my mids for it

Definitely. My TP is too overstable to be a workhorse, but it's a great complement to the BT.
it's a total bummer the BTs are widely available.

So how has anyone who's had one of these for a while now like it? This is the only Bard thread and its gone cold.

Went into a shop today looking for a Verdict, Hornet or Drone and walked out with a VIP Bard instead! The thing just felt so good in the hand I had to try it.

Initial results after throwing it for second shots while playing a round today is; more stable than a Roc3, flies exactly as far as my Spider and shorter than a Roc3. Forehands better for me than a Roc because it has a wider rim.

All in all, it flies very similar to my old Star Ranch Roc with a better feel in the hand. Gonna play with it a while to see how I like it.

It has become my windy day OS mid. It is more beefier than the Pain, which usually fills the slot. Bard beat down a bunch of OS mids in my last windyfield session: Shark 3, Obex, Suspect. Bard is the best when you need to fight wind or have big fade.

BT Bards, must have.

Yeah, that would be interesting.

So I've accumulated three at this point, but only have one in the bag (definitely conserving them, they're not cheap). Haven't used it a ton, it's still definitely an awesome point-n-shoot mid.

But I just took out my TP Bard and my Anode for a two disc round and I fell in love with the TP Bard for anny-flex mid lines. It literally always came out of the anhyzer angle, super smooth and predictable. Ace ran hole 6 and parked hole 9. I never really used the mid anny flex line much before. The bard is my perfect overstable mid for sure

How does the Bard compare to the Wasp now that people have had some time to get used to the mold? I get the impression that it is slightly more overstable, but also a little shorter in flight(although the added stability may limit the flight and once beat in they would be the same).

BT Bard now available in the US. Discgolfcenter has some up, and I 'm sure others will soon too.

Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed 2. With my 10% discount they are under $12 each shipped. Can't wait to throw them.

Latest posts