• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Beast vs. Valkyrie

Which do you prefer, the Beast or the Valkyrie?

• Beast is better!

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • Valkyrie is the one!

Votes: 62 66.0%

• Total voters
I think you're way off base here. I see this kind of thing all the time. You really think that because the post right before Casey's didn't mention the Valk, that no one should ever more?
iconrotflmao.gif

Casey's last post in here was 1/14. Discussion continued to 1/16 then stopped...started again 2/26. Elected not to post through 2/27 when it stopped again. 3/5 bump did nothing for him. Dude made six posts in the last hour (so have I now) where only ONE of them were helpful to the discussion at all. Dude's intentionally or not fluffing his post count talking about random **** he feels remotely comfortable with. Why respond to a bump (which is very particular vs the original OPs post) if you're only helping the original OP and not the bump?

Do you (PMantle) not forum elsewhere than DGCR? Other forums are often way more strict with staying on topic.

Do you honestly never see Casey make ridiculous posts? Or compare molds that aren't accurate? Or say that particular molds are only produced in certain plastics that's inaccurate? Or claim things that aren't accurate/never happened? Or just thread drift to talk about Sharks and his uncle cousin?

I'm happy to have a civil debate, I won't jab at you personally, but you're base argument is poor to begin with. I appreciate you standing up for someone, I don't appreciate you standing up for someone that clutters up threads constantly and dilutes the core conversation.

Sorry for the double, missed a point. Yes others should discuss the Valkyrie. Shouldn't we help new OP first before we do? Isn't that the entire point of the disc discussion section?

Casey's last post in here was 1/14. Discussion continued to 1/16 then stopped...started again 2/26. Elected not to post through 2/27 when it stopped again. 3/5 bump did nothing for him. Dude made six posts in the last hour (so have I now) where only ONE of them were helpful to the discussion at all. Dude's intentionally or not fluffing his post count talking about random **** he feels remotely comfortable with. Why respond to a bump (which is very particular vs the original OPs post) if you're only helping the original OP and not the bump?

Do you (PMantle) not forum elsewhere than DGCR? Other forums are often way more strict with staying on topic.

Do you honestly never see Casey make ridiculous posts? Or compare molds that aren't accurate? Or say that particular molds are only produced in certain plastics that's inaccurate? Or claim things that aren't accurate/never happened? Or just thread drift to talk about Sharks and his uncle cousin?

I'm happy to have a civil debate, I won't jab at you personally, but you're base argument is poor to begin with. I appreciate you standing up for someone, I don't appreciate you standing up for someone that clutters up threads constantly and dilutes the core conversation.
So many question. I post at a LOT of forums. This is the strictest one I visit.

I often search for MoldA vs. MoldB. I'm very glad people do not stop talking about the two molds.

You're take here is terrible. I don't care how many bad posts the guys has made. The one you sprung on him for was innocent and on topic. You probably should spend a little time away.

No. It wasn't on topic. Current topic as of 7/16/19 was:

I picked up a champ Beast and no doubt the plh is higher then a DX Beast. Anyway, I was having some fun throwing the Dx at different angles. I got this one hole that goes way to the right. I throw the Dx flat and high and it goes way to the right. I guess I don't need a Mamba.

Why did Casey not bump the thread yesterday or two days ago? A week ago? Because he didn't give a flying **** about the Valk. Only spoke about it because of the thread title/OP in the "new/updated posts" section. I don't need time away. I need less ****posts.

No. It wasn't on topic. Current topic as of 7/16/19 was:

Why did Casey not bump the thread yesterday or two days ago? A week ago? Because he didn't give a flying **** about the Valk. Only spoke about it because of the thread title/OP in the "new/updated posts" section. I don't need time away. I need less ****posts.

I had a Valk once. I kinda miss it. I don't miss my Beasts.

I've had many a Valk. Loved them all. All 40ish. **** the Beast IMO.

Still doesn't defend Casey and the point I made in the first place. Cheers bud.

New old beast FTW.

See you're actually talking about what new OP wanted to hear (vague or not). Do you get my point yet? Yes I understand why you posted what I'm quoting...

No sir, I do not.

I think we brought this thread down a few stars. I'm done if you are. If not, elaborate:popcorn:

Let's get back to the topic of Champ vs. DX Beasts and their PLH's...ya know...like Discgolfer48 intended through his bump:wall:

I prefer Valks to Beasts. Star and Pro are my Favorites.

But DX Beast-X are fun!

Oh boy, now we have to explain X vs L!

Ducks head and runs!!!!

No sir, I do not.

You would expect a reply to a bump to be relevant to the bump, not the thread in general.
Grip does have a point.

You also have a point that Grip may be overreacting, but I don't know how long he's been having to deal with stuff like this which does get frustrating over time.

Now let's get back to talking about Valks and Beasts.

You would expect a reply to a bump to be relevant to the bump, not the thread in general.
Grip does have a point.

Can't agree. Mold vs. Mold thread are valuable. They are valuable to all. I search for them quite often. The discussion of the differences should not end simply because the OP made the last post and only mentioned one mold.

Did they adjust the flight numbers on the new old mold Beasts? Is -2 | 2 accurate on them? How are they compared to the old old mold Beasts?

If a Beast and a Valk walk into a bar, does the Roadrunner duck?

Did they adjust the flight numbers on the new old mold Beasts? Is -2 | 2 accurate on them? How are they compared to the old old mold Beasts?

Think of it this way, the numbers are accurate for both but describe a different state of wear. For the retooled beast, the numbers accurately reflect it out of the box. The original mold, they describe the mold after it gets seasoned in for a while.

They also have to account for all the pro, star, and dx Beasts that are sold with the retooled wing.

The discussion of the differences should not end simply because the OP made the last post and only mentioned one mold.

Correct.

However, you don't find it remotely reasonable to answer new OPs question first before talking about your own [Casey] selfish topic? Can't link him or her (dger48) to another thread with useful information? You've white knighted Casey yet haven't helped dger48 in the least...

Another double? Another double.

Hey GripEnemy... see this?

Depends on how fast you throw IMHO.... I threw a GStar Beast for a few months until I lost it. I liked it but it was juuuust a hair too fast for my arm so I didn't really get the full flight out of it. But it was also just slow enough that if I really cranked on it forehand anny it would occasionally turn and burn. When I lost it in some gnarly rough I couldn't find another Beast locally so I took a chance on a Valk (Pro, 170) and it's perfect for the straight-to-understable slot for my arm speed. Complement it with a Thunderbird for forehand rips and hyzer/high fade shots and I'm done trying new drivers for a while, lol.

But if you've got closer to 400' arm than 300' a Valk might be too flippy and a Beast or even Archon would be better for the straight-to-understable slot.

This is wrong too. A Valk is never flippy unless beat to piss. I can hyzerflip a 6/10 DX over 400' not internet distance. Support and quote accurate information PMantle. FWIW I'm at sea level so no elevation doesn't add to the stability:|

This is wrong too. A Valk is never flippy unless beat to piss. I can hyzerflip a 6/10 DX over 400' not internet distance. Support and quote accurate information PMantle. FWIW I'm at sea level so no elevation doesn't add to the stability:|

I would say no, got to see somebody who bought a Champion Valkyrie and they had the disc with a Wahoo dome to it so the disc was essentially as US as a stable version Star Road Runner. This was back sometime in the mid 2010's when Innova was pumping out Mistake discs as production run including that Last Run of No Flight Number Star Shark that Innova is finally running out of.

Wow dude. You don't have to be a Richard just to win your little tiff with what's-his-nuts. I just gave my perspective as a low-intermediate player who just literally made the switch. I'm sure you've got super clean form and can bomb a P2 500' like Simon, but for the rest of us mortals yes, a Valk is flippier than a Beast.

Latest posts