• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver State Fling '18

This was a choice by CCDG and Jomez, nothing to do with rules and regulations.

Really, your objection is with the tournament organizers who scheduled two rounds on the first day. No time to cover both and get next day videos out.

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.

This was a choice by CCDG and Jomez, nothing to do with rules and regulations.

Really, your objection is with the tournament organizers who scheduled two rounds on the first day. No time to cover both and get next day videos out.

The two rounds on the first day format is great as a spectator. I felt I got to see a lot more this year on Friday than when I went previously on a Saturday. The women were a bit slower so it was easy to catch some of their round at the overlap of the two courses and after mpo finished.

Tip for second round. Follow the lead card sparingly. The crowd control required for the lead card forces you to miss certain holes. Follow second or third card and catch lead when you can.

To be clear, I'm not saying the TDs are wrong to schedule two rounds on Friday. Just saying that it isn't conducive to video coverage of both rounds. Personally, I don't care that the first round wasn't covered. I don't really need any first round coverage. Only being able to cover one card means it's a crap shoot whether they catch the hot round(s) unless they just stick to the usual suspects, which I find boring. Just go straight to covering the leaders in round 2.

Hey I'm thinking about making the 2 HR drive with my son tomorrow to spectate a bit. I see there's a preliminary schedule on the BSF site... Anyone know where I can go to check out more details? Like when does the lead and chase card start and where? Thanks

The two rounds on the first day format is great as a spectator. I felt I got to see a lot more this year on Friday than when I went previously on a Saturday. The women were a bit slower so it was easy to catch some of their round at the overlap of the two courses and after mpo finished.

Tip for second round. Follow the lead card sparingly. The crowd control required for the lead card forces you to miss certain holes. Follow second or third card and catch lead when you can.

This is great advice. Following the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th card will get much better access views and the DG is still WAAAYYY better than you'll see at your home course, typically.
As those cards finish up, the Lead Card will be coming in and you can stake out a great place to watch the finishing hole(s).

Hey I'm thinking about making the 2 HR drive with my son tomorrow to spectate a bit. I see there's a preliminary schedule on the BSF site... Anyone know where I can go to check out more details? Like when does the lead and chase card start and where? Thanks

PDGA.com will have the tee times and course/starting hole (presumably hole 1) posted on the tournament page.

They will be on the East course Sunday. Hole 1 is behind tournament central. UDiscLive.com and the PDGA page will have the tee times later tonight or tomorrow morning. Be sure to get there early for the best parking, which will not be in the first two lots near tournament central.

beaverstatefling.com
http://www.beaverstatefling.com/beaver_state_fling/schedule.php

Both the lead and the chase will start at Hole 1 east which is directly behind tournament central. Unless you arrive early in the day, you will likely need to park at one of the next two lots past tournament central, so plan on up to a 20 minute walk to Hole 1 east. Looks like lead card goes off at 12:30, so chase card is probably 12:15.

Looks like the weather was off and on today with rain. Makes it interesting, variety I guess. Kind of a bummer as I don't think it's rained for a couple months now (correct me if I'm wrong).

Started rain on Friday and stops on Monday...

To be clear, I'm not saying the TDs are wrong to schedule two rounds on Friday. Just saying that it isn't conducive to video coverage of both rounds. Personally, I don't care that the first round wasn't covered. I don't really need any first round coverage. Only being able to cover one card means it's a crap shoot whether they catch the hot round(s) unless they just stick to the usual suspects, which I find boring. Just go straight to covering the leaders in round 2.

The video guys do a great job, and I understand the dilemma of two rounds in one day. In the future when this comes up (two rds in one day), maybe that's a chance for others in the DG videography world to step in and show what they've got to offer, and fill in where they can...

Really enjoy the ccdg coverage and slomo drives between cut scenes of the different players and shot angles. Cool to see like that!

^^^
Ian, Corey, and the CCDG crew doing a great job!

That was a good card to watch too. Smooth play by Williams. Crushes and big putts by drew wow