• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner Friendly Courses in Bowling Green

CrowLegs

Eagle Member
Premium Member
I know there are a lot of great courses in the Bowling Green, KY area. I will be there in a few weeks for business and might want to take some co-irkers out for a round. These are folks who have not been out much if ever, so I'd like to find something nice but suitable for beginners.

What are the recommendations for something fun but not too challenging in the BG area?

Lovers Lane is mostly open with mature trees. Only real problems there are wind and distance for beginners. Preston Miller for a more wooded, shorter course. Chalybeate Springs is a little north of Bowling Green. That would be another short, wooded course. It has been cleaned up extremely well recently and plays easier than it used too.

Thanks! I had looked at Lover's Lane, that's close to where we're staying and working. But Preston Miller looks like a lot of fun, and it's just 4 miles away.

If not this trip, the next one for sure.....

The 'probably don't bother' course there would be Natcher Elementary school. :p
Beginners would have the most open, least likely to lose a disc fun at Lovers Lane, but the shorter, wooded courses at Miller & Hobson (& even Chalybeate) really give a good sense of how DG is three dimensional (might be a little frustrating for first timers). I would not subject first timers to White, Moore or the Technical College.
...my two cents, anyway.

I would not subject first timers to White, Moore or the Technical College.

Agreed. I think Hobson is also borderline too technical for beginners.

My choice would be Kereiakes. It's close to Lovers, which is pretty boring. Kereiakes is a fun challenge with good warm up holes and the most punishing holes late. It was actually the second or third course I ever played. It's the course I'd recommend to anyone only able to play one course in BG.

Basil Griffin is where I would take new players. Start them out on the back 9 where it is just back in forth in fields to allow them to find their stroke and gain some confidence. Then play the front and watch their eyes get all wide as the scenic water hazards start coming into play. They'll most likely be hooked for life.

Latest posts