• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BenG's 2013 Bag

BenGherity

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 3 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right
Throwing Style: RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Voodoo: 180/220'; Pain: 280/300'; Avenger: 320'/360'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Snowboarding/Skateboarding (balance?)
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Its new this year, havent had enough time to field test it thouroughly, but I believe it can cover all of my shots.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Overall control and upshots (100-199')
Immediate and long-term goals: Crash course to fixing my form (going well so far..), then begin competing.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
172 X Avenger (10/10): Go to driver, Max distance driver
170 Z Avenger SS (9/10): Stable distance, straight shots or slight s-curves
175 Z Predator (10/10): OS fairway driver, headwinds, replacing my Star Firebird
??? X Predator (6.5/10): OS fairway driver, flippy, old fly-dye
170 Recycled River (10/10): US fairway, replacing my Star Leopard
173 Opto River (10/10): US fairway, for windy days or straight shots
175 Dx Leopard (10/10): For those shots that I just wish I had a Dx Leopard..

Mids:
170 GL Pain (9/10): OS Mid
175 Z Comet (9/10): Stable mid, go-to for straight shots
175 X Comet (7/10): Stable, beat, for straight approach shots
172 Recycled Fuse (10/10): go-to US mid once beat-in
175 Kc Pro Roc (9/10): For those max-weight Roc shots..
150 Kc Pro Roc (9/10): For those crazy dangles out of the woods..

Putters:
3x 174 SS Voodoo (8/10): Main putter, good for under-stable lines
169 Sole (10/10): For approach shots that I don't want to roll

Final Comments:
Thinking of getting a max weight Opto Pain for extremely windy days, if my GL Pain can't handle them. Ill probably figure that out after a little practice.

As well, looking into max distance drivers, any suggestions? Ive been leaning towards a nuke.

At those distances, you probably wouldn't get any distance increase by using a Nuke instead of an Avenger. I would suggest paring down your midranges and drivers. I find that it's much easier to play confidently when you only have a couple molds that you know very well. Avengers are great for layering if you want to go that route.

^agree that better form will get you better distance more so than another .2cm on a wing.
arrows looking good, just dial in your bow.
welcome to the boards

True, i hardly have a use for anything bigger than my Avenger.

Ive changed up my form alot, i feel like im beginning to throw properly. These numbers are just from this winter, so ill have to see how everything goes once it warms up a little.

I throw drivers similar to yours (Teebird instead of Rivers and Saints instead of Avengers). I've tried Nukes and many other warp speed drivers. They will only make you throw less consistent, force you to add OAT, and occasionally give you 5 more feet of distance. Nukes are for people who throw 400+. Until you start getting around 375+ consistently with that Avenger, I would stick with what you have. 12 and 13 speed drivers are for people who throw 120 and 130 meters respectively. That's actually what those numbers stands for ;-).

Latest posts