• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best 15-20 disc bag

Best 15-20 disc bag

• Total voters
I've got an itch for a GB Silverback. One of the new ones with the LE features. Also, I don't think a person could go wrong with either a Revo Carolina or a Lat 64 Pro bag. Those new Voodoo bags look cool, too.

I own a Carolina and while it's a great bag and probably all I'll ever need I'd probably buy a Kong if I were to do it over again. They're both built like tanks but the Kong just looks better to me. I didn't know about GB when I went with Revolution. Still, my Revo rocks. No complaints.

I just ordered a Squirrel Monkey as a gift for my brother so I'm looking forward to checking out the quality when it arrives. I have a feeling I'll like it.

Last edited:
This poll=FAIL! My Golf Mahal is the best 15-20 disc bag (as well as 20-35 disc bag) on the market. I've seen every other bag in person, you name it, including the much hyped (over-hyped) GRIP bag at Worlds this past summer and nothing compares. The proof is that every single person i've allowed to try on and carry my bag instantly says it's the best bag they've ever carried. Gotta at least give us the option to put 'other' on your poll:)

Revo Carolina has been extremely durable and versatile for me over the last couple of years. Well worth the money in the long run.

I had an Innova Comp bag for a while. it was decent, but not nearly enough pocket space, as I often carry ample towels and want a place to stash a rain/wind jacket or fleece in colder weather. A good value, though for carrying 20 discs, for a budget price.

I never used the Fade Tourney, but I have a Crunch Box that I like, so maybe that speaks a bit.

I think the Lat 64 bag is one of the best values out there, but I would say it is more of a 20+ disc bag. It's also a bit larger than the discs themselves, so it flops around a bit. The material is really tough and there are several accessory pockets, too, which is nice for the smaller yet needed items. Only one drink holder, but I liked the end putter pocket and mini holder. It's a bit on the heavy side, too, but that's a property of the heavier duty material and the full padding and lining. It's a trade-off.

I do like my Revo Carolina, because size-wise it matches the disc diameter very well. The frame adds alot of stability and shape. End pockets are roomy, but not floppy. Nice padded back rest which also stows the covers. But a I have a few gripes: the drink holder bottoms are a single strap, not a full bottom so small bottles are out. It doesn't have a true Quad hook-up. You must either hook all four straps into the top, which doesn't sit well, or into the webs on the below the end pocket zipper, but these aren't really reinforced. The Lat 64, Innova Comp and even the Fade Crucnch have true quad attachment points. For $130, there should be no short comings like this.

My dream bag would be the Lat 64 bag layout, and features, resized to the dimensions of the Carolina bag for a better fit.

Last edited:
Gotta at least give us the option to put 'other' on your poll:)

I ain't gotta do nothin'. If your bag didn't make the list it's b/c it didn't meet my qualifications so you'll to write your vote in. And I left all the backpack style bags off b/c I've worn backpacks my whole like and I'm a little sick of them. :)

I just ordered a Squirrel Monkey as a gift for my brother so I'm looking forward to checking out the quality when it arrives. I have a feeling I'll like it.

You won't be disappointed. I got mine this week. Its design and build are top notch.

I wish I would have had this thread before I bought my last bag. Don't get me wrong, Innovas bags are perfectly fine, I just didn't realize there were this many choices these days. Our local suppliers have only a very limited selection.

I do like my Revo Carolina, because size-wise it matches the disc diameter very well. The frame adds a lot of stability and shape. End pockets are roomy, but not floppy. Nice padded back rest which also stows the covers. But a I have a few gripes: the drink holder bottoms are a single strap, not a full bottom so small bottles are out. It doesn't have a true Quad hook-up. You must either hook all four straps into the top, which doesn't sit well, or into the webs on the below the end pocket zipper, but these aren't really reinforced. The Lat 64, Innova Comp and even the Fade Crunch have true quad attachment points. For $130, there should be no short comings like this.

I never knew that about the lack of proper quad hook ups on the Revo. That is pretty surprising.

Imma go anything Gorilla Boy. Every piece of disc golf gear (bags, straps, etc) I've totally destroyed in less than a three months, with the exception of my Squirrel Monkey. I've beaten the **** outta that thing and it's still as good as new! :thmbup:

I am confused about the Quad issue with the Revo. It works fine for me. No problems.

Gorilla Boy bags are great and you can find the perfect size for you.
Fade Crunchbox and Tourney are great for the $$$.

I rock an Innova competition because I bought it from a friend for $10 with a pvc frame.

If I had the expendable cash, I'd probably either go Lat64 or Gorilla Boy.

Best bag:

cornerfull.jpg

I made it myself using instructions found in the following thread thanks to the creativity and adventurousness of DGCR member steve_a:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21693&highlight=diy+disc+bag

Total cost: $60 and about 2 hours of my time.

It has more comfort and more space due to the bag originally being intended for backpacking. I'd recommend it for any golfer looking for a 15-20 disc bag. It is a very easy project--you don't even need DIY experience to do it. All you need is a miter box and a measuring tape.

Latest posts