• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best 2 Mids

Millenium Aurora MS
Innova Mako3

If just one it's the Aurora MS, the truest disc for my throwing style

When I first started disc golf I had a Roc, then several Rocs, I loved them. It's extremely versatile and basically does it all but once I threw an Aurora MS I found myself reaching for my Rocs less and less until the Aurora was the only disc I needed for a mid ranger. Once I tossed the Mako3's my Rocs became hand me downs. The Mako3 is incredibly straight and floaty, just a marvelously straight flyer for me. It's a beautiful thing trying different discs and seeing what meshes best with your style.

Shark, Shark 3. Shark 3 is for true midrange stuff and the Shark does for me what an OS approach disc does that long approach to short midrange distance, as well as driving putter and windy day putter if need be. The Shark is the OG OS bead less midrange indented to be the bead less ROC flight disc for those who could not throw a ROC.

So for one true midrange the Shark 3 would have it as the mold is more like a true no bead ROC. Shark has more dome and more floating putter glide due to the dome.

Last edited:
ESP Comet
Lucid Verdict

If I only could take one, it would be the Comet

To use as the only discs in a bag? Or as the only kids in the bag?

If as part of a bigger bag;
Neutron Matrix
Neutron Deflector

If only discs, probably ;
Buzz
Manta

I could probably play any course with just my Champion Roc3 and G* Mako3 and probably only gain a few strokes. hmm... challenge accepted.

BH/FH mids: Truth and M4

BH only mids: Roc and Comet

Only one: Truth

I got my flat top kc pro glow rocs yesterday and man, what a straight but stable roc!
The flat top dx's aren't as stable but straighter than any other mid I have thrown.

I must admit I do kind of miss the C-md, I need to throw the scrappy looking dx roc faster to get the slight turnovers in the forest...

Gonna try to throw more mid range from now on, amazing discs.

Dynamic

1 - Fuzion Verdict/Lucid Justice

2 - Lucid Emac Truth/Moonshine Lucid Emac Truth

Discraft

1 - Z Hornet/Z Wasp

2 - ESP Buzzz

**If I could only have one mid I'd rather have a more overstable disc vs a disc like a Buzzz or Emac Truth.

Last edited:

Latest posts