• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best course between newerk airport and egg harbor nj

This week. Thurs fly in and leaving either friday evening, our saturday afternoon. Depends, ill fly back home later if a good course or two to play.

There are plenty of good courses north and south of that area but none really right there. That is a tight schedule to squeeze some golf in my friend.

Where there is a will there is an opportunity.

Is there snow out there now? Just got hit with 16 inches here in mn at my house. That could make or break it if I have to carry on snow gear...

No snow, just fog. It got up to 60 degrees today. When you get here it will be seasonable, forecast says around 40 degrees Thurs. Fri. and Sat.

that route has nothing special along the way, Tyler St PK in PA would be the best course, it's 10 minutes from I-95 or new this year in NJ is Stafford Woods in Voorhees, it's only 9 holes yet has 3 par 4's and is close to I-295 exit 32.

If your in Egg Harbor, South Vineland park is pretty close and is a good 18 hole course and there is another course in vineland you could hit called Landis park which is an experience in itself.

that route has nothing special along the way, Tyler St PK in PA would be the best course, it's 10 minutes from I-95 or new this year in NJ is Stafford Woods in Voorhees, it's only 9 holes yet has 3 par 4's and is close to I-295 exit 32.

Agree with Dave, there is not much in that immediate area you asked about but if you are willing to drive a bit Tyler is worth the trip, and Stafford is a nice 9 hole course (I'm a bit bias as I design and built Stafford). Tinicum is near the too...

I'll be around Saturday morning and will meet you at a course fairly early in the AM if you can stay till later Sat.

Saturday is the only day I would be available out of the days you will be here, but I am down to get a round in. Let me know.

V,

As going from EWR to Egg Harbor Twp will only take you past 1 or 2 courses, the best IMO is to play Rutgers. It's an old (1980?) course on the girl's campus that is very close to where the GSP and NJTpk junctions (0.5hr S of EWR). And it'll make for quick rounds.

Karl

course on the girl's campus... Karl[/QUOTE said:
interesting....

Kinda pissed, I could have gone through philly but found out after I booked my flight. Saw I could have played one of the first courses on the east coast, and designed by steady ed to boot. Live, and learn I guess.

best bet so far is ruggers or south vinland.

Thanks fo all the help.

Rutgers was one of the first courses on the east coast too, put in the ground around the same exact time as Sedgley(Sedgley is way better though). It is also the birthplace of the Cubby Ace :) I live 20 minutes away from Rutgers but only play it occasionally. There is a private, unlisted course about 10 minutes away from there that is awesome, but you need to be guided by me or the owner to play it.

If you have the time swing down into Delaware. Weve got TWO par 72's (Iron Hill AND Carousel), some par 54 oldies (Brandywine Creek state park, Bellevue, White Cay Creek and Lums Pond state park). all within 30 miles. DELAWARE IS THE NEW MECCA! but no seriously theres some great courses down here and our club keeps them pretty spiffy. dediscgolf.com for information and course locations. also try our facebook page if you wanna meet up.

If you don't mind the drive time Warwick is about an hour north of newark. 2 tees 2 baskets, 2 other 18 hole courses within walking distance.

If you don't mind the drive time Warwick is about an hour north of newark. 2 tees 2 baskets, 2 other 18 hole courses within walking distance.

Is the one across the street 18 holes now? I see it's still not listed here. Is that the owner's preference? It seemed to be no big secret: openly discussed on other boards, etc.

Only had time to play one course. Played rutgers earlier today. Nice locals. Asked a couple guys where to start and they told me the layout, definetly helped. On third hole, joined up with a super local, matt k. Guess he works on campus in the theater department or something. He guided me through. Skipped hole 6 since sandy splashed a tree right on top of the basket. Then walked to 9.

Pretty short course indeed. Out of the 15 hole first round I shot a 31. I missed hole 4 with a splash out! Almost perfect. Then played a second round myself running so I could catch my flight. Missed (rutgered as matt would say) 4 holes that time. played a fw more till I got 36 holes in and ended up 31 under par everything par 3 (almost died laughing on 3rd hole, sign said pafewr 4 hahahaaaaa). Ohhhhhh well another state ive played in now.

next up oklahoma for c teir in two weeks.

Latest posts