• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses around Kansas

Hoping scope out a new course in Kansas one weekend this summer.

Anybody got any good suggestions?

- Tom Leventhall

Not waterworks. Probably the most over rated crap course Ive played besides vision quest.

Here's the list of top rated courses in Kansas.

Of course we all know that anything good in Kansas will just end up in North Carolina. So, here's that list.

Last edited:
Land of OZ... cool we have many challenging courses.

West-- Frontier Park, Hays

Midwest... Fairmont Park, Manhattan

South-- Big Hill Lake, Cherryvale...This course is Epic... Bomb Town.

- Oak Park, Wichita

- Came across a new course in Chanute, KS that is beginning to be a favorite... Lakeview Recreation Area DGC.

KC metro... Waterworks, Blue Valley, Birdland, Rosedale, Swope, Wyco, Shawnee Mission Park. Cliff Drive.

Lived-in Kansas my whole life and these are my favorite courses.

For the uninitiated, as much as I'd like Water Works to be in KS, it's in Missouri, although you can see KS from the upper parts of it.

Along with what air show said, I'll add Thomas Park in Salina, and Rosedale Down Under in KC. Heritage Park is a newer course in metro KC I've been hearing some buzz about. If you go play Longview, prepare for ticks.

And the Emporia courses are nice, albeit not spectacular if you haven't played them.

If you're in SE Kansas, by any chance, I highly recommend both Lodge courses in Pawhuska, OK... not too far from Kansas