• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in Central Indian

I don't know that there is. Indianapolis is split East and West by US31, and North and South by Washington(US 40).

I would say Central would be Avon to Greenfield east to west and Kokomo to Greenwood North to South.

That is kind of my thinking at least

I found this.

ed-state_of_indiana_central_noflags.jpg

I always figured central Indiana was more along the line of Metropolitan Indianapolis: from Danville to Greenfield, from Martinsville to Anderson, from Lebanon to Greensburg, from Kokomo to Franklin. There are several quality courses in those areas with potential for more in the future.

I always figured central Indiana was more along the line of Metropolitan Indianapolis: from Danville to Greenfield, from Martinsville to Anderson, from Lebanon to Greensburg, from Kokomo to Franklin. There are several quality courses in those areas with potential for more in the future.

Was what I was thinking as well. 60 mile radius from monument circle really.

Little bit south, but were working on a course just north of bloomington I'm elletsville at Edgewood highschool. 9 holes complete with 9 more just In need of permant baskets. Check out our clubs website www.bdgc.org ad try and make I down when we have doubles on Saturday there or for any tournament played there because more often than not we will have a full 18 set up to play. I haven't really played many courses other than the ones in bloomington so i can't say really that's it's best if anything but it is certainly fun and challenging. Great mix of distance and tight technical wooded holes. I think it is worth checking out if you get the chance. I'm hoping the other 9 permanent baskets will be installed in the near future. Still shy of some funding. But it's still a blast with te nine permant and 9 discatcher travelers

Fall Creek yes, dillon, meh. No trees, back nine wide open. Based on OP loving Elwood and Hazel, i would not throw dillon in this mix. I would not put it in the top 20 of central indiana courses.

Yeah, I was only throwing them out there because if your in the area you might as well stop and play. Hazel is def my favorite though!

So bored of Dillon. I could play Fall Creek #5-17 all day on repeat though. Maybe if the trees we planted a couple weeks ago would hurry up and mature 10 years by spring, the problem holes would be better, but I still hate the turnover drive on #8 long.

Just stay off of Horizon/Camp Indy. That place is my secret stomping ground, and ya'll not invited.
:p

i forgot to mention Rockville Lake Park. tight technical course.

If you like playing an untrimmed course with half of it set in a wet creek bed and multiple holes so short you can jump putt off the tee then go play Rockville. One of the worst courses I've ever played. Don't let the fanboys steer you wrong. I live 20 min away and never play this waste of baskets. I know tight and technical (Oregon?) and this isn't it.

If you like playing an untrimmed course with half of it set in a wet creek bed and multiple holes so short you can jump putt off the tee then go play Rockville. One of the worst courses I've ever played. Don't let the fanboys steer you wrong. I live 20 min away and never play this waste of baskets. I know tight and technical (Oregon?) and this isn't it.

I haven't heard from the locals on this, but have heard many in the Indianapolis area say its worth the trip.

Are there 2 sets of tees? 2 pin placements?

I have only heard great things about this course to date.

Little bit south, but were working on a course just north of bloomington I'm elletsville at Edgewood highschool. 9 holes complete with 9 more just In need of permant baskets.

I started forum about this in the Courses Under Development. My friend lives in Ellettsville and said he thought there was a new course there. You should update that.

On a side note, if you consider Bloomington, IN as central Indiana, I would check out Crestmont.

Just looked up course on here, and its looks like 2 sets of tees?

As far as not trimmed, maybe being you are so close you could get involved with the club and assist with that.

I started forum about this in the Courses Under Development. My friend lives in Ellettsville and said he thought there was a new course there. You should update that.

On a side note, if you consider Bloomington, IN as central Indiana, I would check out Crestmont.

A buddy and i go to bloomington a couple times a year just to play crestmont. Fun course with 2 sets of tees. need to make it to Ellettsville still. Probably next spring.

Tried the other courses in the area, Karst(i have no idea what this place is, just a bunch of baskets in a park, beyond confusing).

Latest posts