• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Best driver for effortless 300'

I've gotten my Leopard to about 290' on average now, but that is dispensing all of my energy each time.

Is there a driver the will "get me there" while saving energy for upshots or putting?

My mouth is always open it seems.

What is the line like on your Leopard at 290'? Are you releasing it flat, does it turn and fade back? Or are you flexing it with an anhyzer release to squeeze out the most D? I ask because if you are forcing the disc over to flex out the D and are looking for easier distance, the answer is discing down until you find you can turn a disc with your power level. Start with driving your putters and work you way up to mids until you find you can bend that disc to your will. You will get it farther, easier because it'll be flying as intended. I was going to suggest a Tournament plastic Westside Tursas as a very bendable disc that has the capacity for easy D. Once you get on top of that disc - try your Leopard again. Don't throw your Leopard for a couple months while you do this though, and I'm sure you'll find you are able to throw it more easily.

Definition of Strong Arm

Flinging my arm as hard as I can each time.

Thanks for the responses guys. I will be buying a fury soon.

Doesn't really sound like you need a new disc. Just need to clean up your form a little bit. Even if you get to a "half-hit" you can throw a mid 300 feet pretty easily. If you try to strong arm an Underworld for example, it will most likely just turn and burn. I love that disc but it likes to be thrown smooth not hard. Slow your arm down and focus on your body and the final snap. A good trick someone told me was to focus on throwing with my hips. If you can feel your hips turn and snap through your arm will just follow to get that whip action everyone talks about on here.

Leopard is pretty effortless distance really. Sidewinder is the disc I go for when I want this kind of shot, flip it up watch it softly glide right and come back a bit at the very end, without having to use any effort. I'd just stick with the leo though, try just backing off a little bit and just focus on the hit. Most of the time I'll end up throwing further at 80% then when I'm trying to just blast something at 100%.

Flinging my arm as hard as I can each time.
a new disc wont address this at all. you have form issues no disc you buy will fix your problem.
Thanks for the responses guys. I will be buying a fury soon.
too bad...Fury is just going to make your form issues even worse. you may get more distance but at the cost of your potential. also, bad form can lead to injuries.

Stick with the leopard and just -relax-. You'll throw it farther and won't get tired or sacrifice accuracy and you will increase your precision. Go out to a field and throw every drive very limp and lax but still explode (don't tense up) just as much or more than you think you possibly can at the end and see if that helps, you may suprise yourself. Also experiment with different heights and release angles and keep that nose down. If you still only throw it 290' then that's close enough, just throw that exact shot when you want to throw straight 300' and you'll be dialed in to deadly accuracy. At that point if you want a disc to go straight 310' or 320' experiment with some different discs that you can dial in for that distance.

This thread should really be titled "Best form for effortless 300'" in the Form Analysis/Critique section. (With a video to go with it from the OP)

Have you tried hyzer flipping your leopard?

I tried this the other day with my DX Leo and wow did it fly nice.......it popped up straight turned a little and had just a bit of fade at the end......

Stick with the leopard and just -relax-. You'll throw it farther and won't get tired or sacrifice accuracy and you will increase your precision. Go out to a field and throw every drive very limp and lax but still explode (don't tense up) just as much or more than you think you possibly can at the end and see if that helps, you may suprise yourself. Also experiment with different heights and release angles and keep that nose down. If you still only throw it 290' then that's close enough, just throw that exact shot when you want to throw straight 300' and you'll be dialed in to deadly accuracy. At that point if you want a disc to go straight 310' or 320' experiment with some different discs that you can dial in for that distance.

My best throws are the one I really slow down on.

If you go out in a field I bet you will see that the disc will go just about as far if you try to throw the crap out of it or just give it a nice and easy throw. Its all about slow to fast...smooth and slow then pop it at the end.........

This thread should really be titled "Best form for effortless 300'" in the Form Analysis/Critique section. (With a video to go with it from the OP)

true that. but instead imma come in here and say Latitude 64 Stiletto.

The Stiletto is a joke, OP.

Yes, improving on your form is the ideal. But in the interest of being more useful than that, I'm also going to endorse the Underworld, in part because it will help you both on the form side and the equipment side. I was maxing out around 275' before I started throwing Underworlds. Putting in time with that disc, however, has bumped my maximum up to around 325'. Their predilection for smoothness and nose down will help you learn a lot about throwing drivers. If you try to over power it, it will let you know by burning, but it also isn't overly finicky. When I first started throwing them in Tournament plastic I was flipping them left and right; now it's my most consistent disc. Really awesome disc.

The Tournament Underworld is a little more understable than the VIP. I prefer the VIP for longer, more open drives, and the Tournament for tighter, more technical shots. The more comfortable I get with the Tournament, the more I reach for it. Awesome, awesome disc that will help your form while also giving you some extra distance due to its understability and insane glide. I can't recommend it enough.

true that. but instead imma come in here and say Latitude 64 Stiletto.

man i hope he doesnt listen to this one....hahaha. that disc is near useless for 99% of all players.

Yes, improving on your form is the ideal. But in the interest of being more useful than that, I'm also going to endorse the Underworld, in part because it will help you both on the form side and the equipment side.

you are continue the joke right????

how is a faster disc that isnt any "flippier" than a DX leopard going to help correct his form?

Latest posts