• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best/Favorite Premium Plastic Throwing Putter

Those damage pics caught me by surprise. While I actually bag very few of their discs anymore, i do own quite a few. I have ever had any rim damage and my biggest complaint has been-they are too damn durable. I have the worst time breaking in a mold that is supposed to have turn. My Inspire may as well be a Clash, even after too many tree hits to count, and about ten full speed encounters with a cinder block wall.

Hm, tough question. I have one that I throw all the time (SP breaker) and one that I absolutely love the flight of (gold-x pure)

All things being equal, I probably enjoy throwing the pure the most. The breaker feels more like a great tool that fits my needs.

Like a lot of others are saying I love throwing the Soft Neutron Envy. I do not putt with it but really like throwing it, it can take hits off trees and hold its shape just fine. I also throw and used to putt with Neutron Ions, actually still run it with the Ion from 60+.

The premium plastic from MVP might be my favorite.

I just threw new Sky God IV today, and they are more overstable than my Plasma Envy. Beefcakes with glide. Turnovers go really far for me.

If you can find a couple, buy them.

at first it was a p2 in g-line. Now I'm liking the metal flake glow alpacas.

going to be doing a test with the new sky god IV, prodigy spectrum 500 px-3, and a couple ultrium jokeris

Their premium plastics are some of the best I've ever felt. Their electron stuff however is definitely the worst when it comes to durability. Every electron disc I've ever had ends up getting severe damage to it way sooner than even innova DX, which is also bad. If they made wide rimmed drivers in electron, I don't think they would last a week.

Neutron Ions are still my favorite premium driving putters.

I putt and sometimes throw with Electron Soft pilots, and they do get nicked up very easily, however the plastic is so soft that it also melts easily as well. I've heat-treated my putting Pilots over my stove burner after every 5 rounds or so, and I manage to keep them looking and feeling like new even after several months of usage.

In the below picture, my two Pilots showed equal amounts of damage after several rounds of play, but the one on the right is after about 5-10 minutes of heat-treatment.

8MmpGnu.jpg

I have a PW wizard that's been in the bag for probably 4 years. It looks better than the one on the left, what did you say? 5 months? If MVP would do the electron flight plate with the premium rims, I think it would help a lot. Call it electron+ or something. I can't speak for the streamline baseline stuff.

Quantum Omega4s are my go-to. They are deep, with a ton of glide. I've never thrown P2s, but apparently the same or similar to the Innova molded P2s. Mix in Invaders as needed. Those are pretty great, too.

I put some time in with the new rekox last night, realistically head to head only against my lucid judge. I did however throw my beat in classic judge, reko k1, reko k1 soft, get freaky zone and berg as well just so that I could see the differences. The regular reko is literally as straight and as long as I could possibly ask for on a hyzer flip. It won't turn much if any and has nearly zero fade. The Reko X is like a z buzzz and a reko had a baby. LOL I really loved the finish it gave at the end that the lucid judge and reko wouldnt give. Also, when put on a hyzer it definitely held up really well and was very dependable. I put it in my bag for sure. For reference I am a 220-235 putter throw guy.

One-disc putter rounds would have to be my 2015 Ledgestone Cryztal MetalFlake FLX Ringer.
Great 4-speed throwing putter that isn't overstable (any more) but still stable enough to refuse to turn.
Plenty of glide, plenty of distance for me, 250'+.

Admittedly, if there was need for a lot of 300' throws, I'd switch it for a Cosmic Neutron Envy.