• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best options in Tyler, Texas

GMSdrum

Bogey Member
Going for a full day in Tyler - not too hard, not too easy. Looking for good variety, scenery a plus, something unique. Lindsey Blue sounds nice - other options?

I had a chance to play all three of the Lindsey Courses as well as The Roc this past December when I was in Tyler for a couple of days.

I found the Lindsey Red course to be a perfectly fine, reasonably challenging course. Not a beginners course at all like some of the reviews claim. So I'd say that both the Red and Blue courses are worth a play. The Gold course at the park is a beast, but I really enjoyed the test. So there are three solid choices at the same location.

I thought that The Roc was also a good, intermediate course, though I'm not sure I would play it on my next visit. I'd rather play the three Lindsey courses again.

All of the courses offer nice scenery. Variety will come from varying holes lengths and variable amounts of timber to play through. Not a lot of elevation on the courses, but The Roc has a big pond that is in play on three holes.

Lindsey park is your best option with 3 courses on site!! I liked both the red and blue courses but unfortunately did not get the golds in but from what the locals told me it is quite the beast!!

Lindsey park is mostly sand so mud won't be a issue. it's actually better after a rain in my opinion.

As I recall there were a few holes (6 & 7?) on the Red course that play into a low-lying area. It was a little soggy when I was there, but definitely playable.

Thanks for all the tips. We hit the Roc, then Lindsey Blue and Red. Great courses, loved the variety. And you were right, Lindsey wasn't really wet at all. Hope to go back someday in better weather and try the Gold too.

Latest posts