• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Water Holes

time to learn how to throw a LHFH to make that hole work for ya...

Z Drone max weight. See what happens!

Or RHBH (I can't throw LHBH due to shoulder surgery, but I am actually right handed and have power but no control RHBH). Still a really good hole for RHBH, but not quite as good as for LHBH. The beauty, terrain and seclusion still bump it up there for me - the challenge of the DG is almost secondary.

This is one of my favorites. It's #18 at Barnett Park - North. Good 250ft I think. Many a lost disc here.

BarnettIsland.jpg

If ya don't see the basket, it's in the middle of those two trees, in front of the bridge.

Here is Flyboy #3:
e29683a5.jpg

Flyboy #5:
d17e2aa5.jpg

#15:
5aab2718.jpg

(basket tucked in woods to left of dam about 1000 ahead)

#25:
bc68991d.jpg

Reasoning:

#3, no reasoning required, it is one of the most beautiful holes on earth.

#5, short carry that just about anyone should make but shooting into the trees brings about the hazard of roll-back into the water.

#15, such a tight shot and the only way to get 'd' is to sack up and carry over the water, also once you reach the dam the winds are pretty brutal and to the left is a big drop that you do not want to shoot out of

#25, I have not played the new position, the old basket was on the peninsula, but look at the strategy now...can you make the 400' carry or do you lay up to the 191' peninsula, risking the road OB, for an easy upshot 3?

Stoney Hill #17-Diamond

Drive to right side of pond, and "island" landing zone between pond & road. Then throw back over to pond---basket is at far end, on left side, though hard to see in tee picture:

Hole%2016D%20Tee%20View%20(1).jpg

Here is the reverse view from basket---tee would be on the dam in the top right corner, just above the white pipe:

Hole%2016D%20Reverse%20View%20from%20Basket%20(2).jpg

#9 at Sharpe Springs in Smyrna, TN is pretty cool. Short, but lots of rocks and cool scenery to deal with. One bad bounce and down to the pond you go.
:thmbup:

Threads like these are the best thing about the forums.

while I can see the beauty in the design of water holes, I just don't like them, I guess Im still at the point of not being able to part with a lost disc that is completely unretrievable. I practice throwing over my pond to get that little "rush" of throwing over water, but in reality, I would rather play dry courses or courses with "retrievable water" (i.e. shallow creeks, ditches, etc)

while I can see the beauty in the design of water holes, I just don't like them, I guess Im still at the point of not being able to part with a lost disc that is completely unretrievable. I practice throwing over my pond to get that little "rush" of throwing over water, but in reality, I would rather play dry courses or courses with "retrievable water" (i.e. shallow creeks, ditches, etc)

Perfectly legitimate.

For others, it's more than the thrill of throwing over water or risking loss of a disc. It's the decision process----do I throw my best driver and risk losing it? Or do I throw an expendable disc?---which, because it's not my best driver, is even more likely to go O.B.? Do I lay up to the edge and throw over, or try to clear the water from way back here?

Hole 4 at Moeur Park in Phoenix is a fun little water hole. The pin is on an island that slopes down to the creek on all sides.

Approach:
45cd7c81_m.jpg

Tee shot: (basket is tucked in to the right)
3228f4a4_m.jpg

That is a pretty cool hole. There is anothe basket on that hole that doesn't involve the water, but this hole is cool. Also in that area is Vista del Camino and Fountain Hills which have a lot of water holes, but nothing that stands out as too spectacular as far as design/challenge go.

That would be Cliff Stephens #16 :) Glad you got to play Cliff...sorry I missed you out there! Cliff hole 10 is pretty great too but nothing like 16.

Thanks for helping a brother out. Cant say enough about Cliff! Next year I will be adding an extra day to our trip and play the other awesoem courses there!

Coyote Point DGC, #7. This pic is from behind basket #8, but it's a good view of Lake Casitas. This thread makes me want to get back to the Left Coast ASAP!
dd6ac4a5_m.jpg

Almost forgot! Aquatic Park in Berkeley has some memorable water shots:

88d1eb77.jpg
Hole 18

Holes 3, 4, 8 and 10 are also memorable. Tough playing here most days too...due to a nasty prevailing wind from the west

I'd agree with what David says. One thing I like about the water hole on Chattooga Belle Farm I added to this thread is it gives you a choice of going right and not bringing the water into play, playing a short shot to the edge of the water and then going over the water or going for it off of the tee.

The water is shallow enough to go get most discs and the guy that owns the property keeps a box of discs retrieved from the lake.

Some of the holes that have been posted here are simply awesome. I can't wait for a chance to play Fly Boy with all those great looking water holes.

Trojan Park DGC has a bunch of water holes. Hole 8 is my favourite. Basket is on the tip of a peninsula about 380' from the tee...
51c6065d.jpg

Another of my favourites is/was hole #16 at Emerald Isle. Also coming in at 380'. The water didn't really come into play for people who can easily throw 330', but it was still really fun to throw over!
640505c8.jpg

Last edited:
Here in SC, Trophy Lakes really dominates the water-hole category:

Image1.jpg