• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beware of Online Registration!

king, let me know if it did end up being DGU, I am planning on pre-registering for a lot of events this year and you have made me worried about doing it now.

Same happened to me.

I heard dgvalues may have security issues. Mine happened two days after a purchase there.

I had the same thing happen to me at discgolfvalues. I still do business with them, I just use paypal for all purchases through them. Paypal is a much safer option and I am willing to bet the OP's issues weren't from using paypal. As someone stated earlier they would most likely have to hack your individual account for these issues to happen. I'm guessing it was dgu, which sucks since I just used them to register for BG Ams.

I've had this happen twice in the last 5 months on two different credit cards. Fortunately they were credit cards, both were shut down and re-issued with different number. After that experience I will NEVER use a debit card for an online purchase again. It is a lot easier to deal with a fraudulent credit card charge than an empty bank account.

Using a credit card or Paypal is your best bet.

At Bank of America, they are very good about replacing the funds if your Debit Card is compromised, but it often takes 24 hours or so to process the transaction, which can be an inconvenience....but at least they do replace the funds while they investigate the transactions.

Yeah...I work in a bank and deal with this stuff on a daily basis.

Netspend pre-paid card for the win. I'm a trucker and use mine for everything, including getting my pay direct deposited to it. I get a text message to my phone every time the card is used with the transaction info and an updated balance. If there ever is a problem I know immediately. When I upgraded my phone sprint hit my card up twice by mistake and I knew it before I got out of the store.

Latest posts