• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big trip is over.

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Well my big trip is over. We played a number of new places over the 2 weeks vacation. This is all we did.

9/8 Georgia IDGC Jackson & Ed

Tues 9/9 Hippo in SC. Old Glory blue + Hogback.

Wed 9/10 Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC

Thursday 9/11 Ashe County park, Jefferson, NC + Highland Hills in North Wilkesboro, NC.

Fri 9/12 Winged Deer in Johnson City, TN + Warriors Path state park in Kingsport, TN.

Sat 9/13, Did Blueridge & Sun 9/14, More of Blueridge + Played Steele Creek in Briston, TN & VHCC Wolves DGC in Abingdon, VA

Monday 9/15 Harmon Hills, Falls Branch, TN

Wed 9/17 Glen C. in Hickory, NC.

Thursday 9/18 – Charlotte, NC. Hornets Nest & R.L. Smith.

Friday 9/19- Charlotte played Renny & Plantation Ruins with Tom12003 as our guide

Sat 9/20 PK with Fast Eddie. Got to play the new 6 & 7 to long baskets & see all the work Fast has done over the past few months.

It was a great long trip, thanks to all we met along the way. Special thanks to Tom12003 for walking us through Plantation Ruins & Fast Eddie for all you do. Cant wait to return in December.

Played PK with Fast Eddie? Excellent! He's a great guy, and fun to play with.

Has such a great time playing all it would be hard to pick favorites. What I did most like coming from flat Florida were the gap shots over large canyons such as Hole 24 at Glen C or Hole 9, The V gap at Richmond Hill.
My Birdie up the Gauntlet at Renni, #2 and 18 at Renni.
Just so many beautiful parks with great holes. I loved Ashe park so much we went back a few other days while driving on the blue ridge. We went on a nice sunny day, we went on a day with so much fog it was like a movie. The clean cool air in the high country was as amazing as the shots we were making.

Jealous. I wish I could carve out a week to just go play courses. I'm pretty lucky to be able to snag a full weekend every summer!

I'd love to road trip to Colorado and back over the course of a week...

Ashe County is a course I would drive out of my way to play again. The terrain was brutal for my out of shape self, but the golf was outstanding.

Latest posts