• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest slump of my life.

We aren't appealed to that here on the west side of the Mississippi! :thmbdown:

No not West side of Mississippi fat, thats gross and no one would expect you to do that! Even though you all probably have pickup trucks to cart them around; we are talking...East side fat... where they dont quite need government issued hover chairs.

A week?

The biggest slump of your life is a week?

Man up. It happens. I had a nice slump where I lost 30 ratings points over 6 months. Long, slow descent into terrible play; long, slow climb back out still in progress.

Hes been playing 3 weeks.

Hes been playing 3 weeks.

No I have been playing for 3 years, by biggest slump of my life, I mean related to disc golf...not sure why it would be the biggest slump in my life, it wasn't the best way to phrase it I guess, but biggest slump I have had disc golfing.

I was in a slump last week. It felt like my upper and lower body where completely out of sync. Hips were opening to soon, I was pulling everything to the right. It was awful. Thursday and Friday I drank tons of water (being well hydrated is huge) and slept a couple 9 hour nights. Went out Saturday and shot the best round (27 holes) of my life. Was getting some of the longest drives I've ever thrown and hit 4 putts outside of 50' in the round. So like others are saying, take a few days and get everything back in order. You will come out of the slump.

Fact: You can play too much resulting in not allowing your muscles to recover and you gradually start performing (any sport) worse and worse.

The problem with disc golf is, it's so mentally addicting we forget we need down time occasionally. What I've learned to do is try to play full out only a couple days a week, but work on approach/putts every day. Also..don't forget to play "putter only" or "mid ranges only" rounds once in a while. Those are great ways to keep your game fine tuned.
:thmbup: Great advice and I wholly agree. Disc golf can be exhausting for the amount we love to play and sometimes it's best to take a break and recover. I practice putting quite a bit and it has definitely been paying off lately. I think people often overlook how important putting practice is.

Sounds like somebody needs to go out and find themselves a fat chick.
I might have done that last night... :eek:

But yes, sometimes it is best to step away for a short time. I have even noticed this when I play guitar that it can be beneficial to not play for a while and when you come back you will even feel improved. It's very good to apply to every aspect of life.

Be fortunate you have the chance to play disc golf everyday man. I certainly don't, but it doesn't mean you should. I do have a basket in my backyard and I try to throw putts everyday even if for just 15 minutes.

Everyone has a slump at some stage in their game. For me, it's driving. Once I get that back on track my upshots usually crap on me. Then its the putting. It's a vicious cycle.

Empty your bag, put in a Comet, a putter and a couple cold ones. Head out with a couple friends, don't keep score and have fun. Usually a smaller pitch and putt course can help. If the above fails, try the fat chick.

Empty your bag, put in a Comet, a putter and a couple cold ones. Head out with a couple friends, don't keep score and have fun. Usually a smaller pitch and putt course can help. If the above fails, try the fat chick.

:thmbup: :clap:

Sage wisdom