• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie Form Check

mfluhartjr

Hey All,

I just picked up the game over the summer and I am hooked. I am working to get my form right before I get completely set the wrong way.

I am throwing under 200', so I know there is a lot wrong with my form. I video taped me about a month ago and I saw I was rounding real bad. I have been trying to improve and I know I still have work there. Anything else to focus on first?

Last edited:
Hey man! Saw your videos on Facebook (form check group) just a minute ago, and I'm glad you posted here too!

Welcome to this wonderful sport, hope you'll stay here for a while.

Look up seabass22 on YouTube, he got plenty of great videos for beginners! (And he's in here as "sidewinder").

You're throwing a frisbee, when you actually need to emulate throwing something that's "heavy". Otherwise you won't get your body into it and like you do now, just fling a frisbee with your arm.

- Basic footwork ans swing thought: I would work from a stand still for now. Even though it might seem counterintuitive, you'll progress much quicker.

1. Your index finger needs to tuck under the rim so the disc rips/pivots around the index finger.

2. Your stance is open/inline instead of staggered closed. Need to offset your feet somewhat.

Latest posts