• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Blend Judge with pictures

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
I looked for a thread about these but didn't find one and I don't think it would have pics anyway. At least not profile. This will be short though I only picked it up twenty minutes ago. Just the one, they didn't do first run stamps on these and no misprints yet. If I like it as much as I think I will for winter and cold weather putting I'll probably get a stack of 5 misprints or mini DD logo stamped ones later.

First impression is the plastic feel is definitely a blend of the two. Perfectly in between the classic and classic soft. If you throw the classic judge and like how it gets softer as it beats in after a few months you'll really enjoy these. They are slightly softer than the classic judge I've been using for over a year. Little flex and taco action but not like the classic soft. They don't feel slick but I'm giving this one a wash after I remove the sticker just to add some more tackiness to it. I'll be using it the rest of the winter so if it's something I get used to I can stock up before the GBO.

I threw it a few times in my garage on the practice basket. It's got the same flat top and profile and same flight. Straight with fade. I will take it out in the next few days to really air it out and see if I can drive with it.

Rusco was pulling all the orders himself in the shop and there was a big stack of papers for them. I guess the World and blend judge and suspect are already hyped and popular. I didn't buy any of the suspects because I already have a ton of lucid, bio, fuzion, and classic. That said I'll probably get some of the blend soon they felt perfect to me. Better than the hardness of the classic but not floppy like I think the softs are.

He had a lot more hopeful information about the GBO and future releases but it's too early for me to elaborate on that. I think I can say though their next release for a mold will be a speed 7ish understable driver. Hopefully it will be as great as the underworld or better I'm running out of those in the backup box and I prefer the availability of DD products and their timely releases of plastic options. I still like westside but I know I can count on DD to do cool stamps and have the quantities to choose from. I said I would keep it short and lied. I'll just post the pictures and let people post their thoughts on these blend judges. Not sure on colors available. I only saw black, orange, and this awesome light blue but I didn't want to keep him any longer and I needed to get out of there before I pulled out the paypal app and went on a shopping spree.

xbzceu.jpg

Profile, same as the other judges

2dw6hw8.jpg

I've got a stack of Judges and there seem to be many variations of softness and firmness in both the Classic and Classic Soft runs. I've got a FR classic that feels stiff as a board, a regular production run that feels like a Classic Soft, and a baby blue misprint that feels like a combination of the two. Could my baby blue be one of these blends? If so, I really dig it and I've been searching for more. Glad to see this!

I've got a stack of Judges and there seem to be many variations of softness and firmness in both the Classic and Classic Soft runs. I've got a FR classic that feels stiff as a board, a regular production run that feels like a Classic Soft, and a baby blue misprint that feels like a combination of the two. Could my baby blue be one of these blends? If so, I really dig it and I've been searching for more. Glad to see this!

I doubt the misprint you have is a blend but anything is possible. Probably depends on when you bought it. Is it a first run stamp misprint? If so it's a little softer because that run just was. There is some slight variation in feel. Most notable for me is the difference in the first run classics and the stock stamp runs that came after. In my practice stack of five misprints two are the first runs and I also have three swirl gray first runs that I got the week before release so I could do torture testing on them. Thanks DD for allowing that and you can still find that thread here with all the pics and results. It was a blast.

The first run classics I think are slightly softer and a little more tacky and grippy. The stock stamps I still think are great but if you are a plastic feel snob like I kind of am you notice and have your preferences.

I don't throw the classic softs much only in the winter so the one first run black that I do have is currently in the bag. I've heard and can confirm from my own experience that the black first runs in the soft are not as soft and pretty awesome. That's why I never sold my one black first run even when offered double the cost. Now with the blend though I might consider it but it's got a little sentimental value it was the first judge I got to buy and a few days before the online release of their first four molds. I used it for two months or so until the classic release.

The variations in plastic feel are slight to me nothing like gateway and the endless combinations of wizards but it's kind of nice to have the options.

Just did a little warm water wash with some hand soap and now any slickness that was there is now gone. It's super tacky and grippy. I'm going to leave it out in the cold for an hour and see how firm it gets. I'm going for something that is like a classic firm feel in sixty degree weather because the classic soft even in freezing temps is still a little soft for me. This blend should be perfect for cold kansas weather. I'd say the blend is maybe somewhere between Gatway SS and SSS.

Just did a little warm water wash with some hand soap and now any slickness that was there is now gone. It's super tacky and grippy. I'm going to leave it out in the cold for an hour and see how firm it gets. I'm going for something that is like a classic firm feel in sixty degree weather because the classic soft even in freezing temps is still a little soft for me. This blend should be perfect for cold kansas weather. I'd say the blend is maybe somewhere between Gatway SS and SSS.

report back soon. so stoked to see the warden in this blend eventually

Picked up two of these this past weekend at Texas Teams.. They feel great, haven't thrown them yet but they are they exact firmness I like in my putters..Now I can stop trying to break in all of my Classics for putting and use those for purely upshot/drives.

report back soon. so stoked to see the warden in this blend eventually

Not as cold as it was yesterday but still in the 30's. I left it out there an hour or so and it firmed up some in the cold but not to the classic firmness. Close though and definitely not as much flex but should still be soft enough to grab chains better and feel better in a cold hand. It's still retained enough squish to the plastic to grip it good in the cold so I'm going to take it to doubles next sunday and see how it does. I might even get out sooner and really try to give it some work. In a year from now I imagine this will be the best selling plastic for the judge. Just has to be considering a lot of people think the classic is too firm and the classic soft is too floppy.

Edit: in the few minutes it took to write that the putter is already warmed up and back to normal. That should be good out on the course if it's getting too hard I can just transfer some heat from my hands and soften it up. Really digging it. I'm going to be in the garage probably most of the afternoon hitting the practice basket.

Sounds like DD just dropped their best plastic. May have to check these out if I ever have some spare $$$

steeze, are these less or about the same stability as classic firm judges?

I'd say the same maybe in between the classic and classic soft. I don't know if that's the way it will be for everyone but I seem to get a little bit more fade out of the firmer plastic when all are new. I'd say these are the straightest for me at full power. I can get a little turn out of the classic soft and keep a hyzer on the classic. These pretty much go straight with no turn and the normal amount of fade you expect from a judge.

They feel great in the hand. Mine are black on black, murdered out, though I asked for bright or sparkle or rainbow stamps. I was a little bummed, but these fly so good that I fell in love with them.

How do these feel compared to record Judges?

Is that what people call the first run swirl gray? If so they are softer than that. Still pretty grippy but more give to the plastic. I can't really be more specific except they really are a perfect blend of the two. I can't really flex or taco a classic and the classic soft will bend right in half. The blend will maybe taco to half that with more force. You can push your thumb down into the plastic but not to the point it's coming through the bottom like the classic soft. Right in the middle of the two.

Is that what people call the first run swirl gray? If so they are softer than that. Still pretty grippy but more give to the plastic. I can't really be more specific except they really are a perfect blend of the two. I can't really flex or taco a classic and the classic soft will bend right in half. The blend will maybe taco to half that with more force. You can push your thumb down into the plastic but not to the point it's coming through the bottom like the classic soft. Right in the middle of the two.

Very, very descriptive. Thank you! I probably won't try one of these until the local shop gets one I can feel up, and it rarely gets cold enough here where Classic is an issue. But who can pass up new plastic?

Very, very descriptive. Thank you! I probably won't try one of these until the local shop gets one I can feel up, and it rarely gets cold enough here where Classic is an issue. But who can pass up new plastic?

yeah same for me. I had to get one to try and post for yous guys and it will be used on the cold days but I love the classics and have a nice stockpile of those to keep me happy. I hit some decent putts with it today at peter pan but I had some spit outs I will blame on it being new and my luck. I just have a hard time finding anything better than a beat in first run classic. So money.

I ordered a Green and a White that will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait to feel them up and give them a good test in the tourney this weekend!

I just saw this thread.
As a soft Judge afficianodo, this blend sounds great. The classic Judge was too slick feeling (I prefer soft putters) so I appreciate the info!

I just saw this thread.
As a soft Judge afficianodo, this blend sounds great. The classic Judge was too slick feeling (I prefer soft putters) so I appreciate the info!

No problem. I've got some stock stamp classics that I also think are slicker than I prefer but when you start to beat them up you can take care of that. Washing helps too. Really though the first run classics after a few months are not slick at all and soften up considerably but I do enjoy the blend. I'm going to stay with this blue one for the cold days. I've found that above freezing I am just fine with my normal beat up classics.

No problem. I've got some stock stamp classics that I also think are slicker than I prefer but when you start to beat them up you can take care of that. Washing helps too. Really though the first run classics after a few months are not slick at all and soften up considerably but I do enjoy the blend. I'm going to stay with this blue one for the cold days. I've found that above freezing I am just fine with my normal beat up classics.

Steeze did the boys at DD give an eta on blend wardens?

Latest posts