• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

My 136 blizzard wraith didn't really get me much more distance. I bought it mainly as a floater. But I just bought a 131katana. And with that disc I can finally get out to 325'. Now, 25' added isn't much, but I'll take what I can get. It also stands up to the wind much better than I ever thought it would.

Overall very pleases with blizzard plastic.

im afraid that the bubbles in the plastic would make the disc wear alot faster and make more gouges, has anyone had this problem out of it yet?

No, not an issue. Though people will claim it to be I'm sure.

Blizzard Champ plastic is definitely less durable than regular champion. I like the texture of these discs when some of the surface has pockmarks from popped bubbles. Great grip and seemingly no adverse effects on flight.

My only encounter with the frosty kind was nuts. Shanked a blizz katana with a big anny flex 458 feet from tee pad 11 to tee pad 10 (Mountain Crest Park LV). By far the longest throw, and funniest throw i have ever down. I thought it was going to immediately flex back but it held the anny and THEN flexed out. It was awesome to say the least. I thought the plastic felt great, just flimsy if you know what i mean. You got to baby it or something or else you will break it.

I like the texture of these discs when some of the surface has pockmarks from popped bubbles. Great grip and seemingly no adverse effects on flight.

I definitely noticed this when throwing my dad's Blizzard stuff this weekend. That added grip one the rim is a nice added bonus. If only all Champ plastic had that kind of grip, they wouldn't even need to make Star plastic.

im afraid that the bubbles in the plastic would make the disc wear alot faster and make more gouges, has anyone had this problem out of it yet?

Yeah, it's not as durable as regular champ, but it's not cheese either. Haven't seen more than scuffs (no gouges), but it definitely roughs up more easily. Flight plates are really thin, though, and I've now seen two that were punctured by tree hits (thorns).....so if that's a concern where you live...

I keep looking, and it seems like all of the recent batches are really smooth now without the rough finish...not sure how fast the Katanas are selling, but those are the only ones that I've seen that still are a little sandpapery.

I wanted to try one that would float (138g or so) and couldn't decide if a Wraith or Destroyer would be better for my noodle arm, so I just ordered one of each.

Can't wait to get them. :)

I wanted to try one that would float (138g or so) and couldn't decide if a Wraith or Destroyer would be better for my noodle arm, so I just ordered one of each.

Can't wait to get them. :)

Just did a trade in the marketplace for a blizz wraith hopefully it will help me get some more distance as well...damn noodle arm :wall:

It will be refreshing to have a floating disc that actually serves a useful purpose on a dry course.

Love my sandpapery orange 147 Blizz TeeDevil for the open shots. My 150 Blizz Boss pretty much fades hard like my !75 Champ except I can get the blizz a bit farther with less effort.

MSt has x-out Star Bosses in 153g. They posted on their facebook enough info to speculate that they are x-out blizzard star bosses.

"Marshall Street Disc Golf
We've occasionally been receiving X-Out Star Bosses that weigh below 160g... Now, I'm not one to speculate, but how could they possibly be getting them that low hmmm? Only a few left, and they still fly pretty beefy. http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-16527/X-Out-Star-Boss/"

I lost a 136 Champ Wraith in the field a few days ago and when I found it today, it seemed much tackier, almost sticky feeling. Anybody noticed anything like this with the bliz?

Latest posts