• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I love hearing how people talk about our courses up here :D Blizzards are garbage btw unless you are going to distance competitions...All too often at the courses around here people are like oh I can toss my blizz boss 425ft+ and I'm like oh yeah well my max weight destroyer that i rarely use anymore goes over 500ft so suck that you newbie! lol I'm not a jerk to them though just like to show up people who use the "cheater" discs

I love hearing how people talk about our courses up here :D Blizzards are garbage btw unless you are going to distance competitions...All too often at the courses around here people are like oh I can toss my blizz boss 425ft+ and I'm like oh yeah well my max weight destroyer that i rarely use anymore goes over 500ft so suck that you newbie! lol I'm not a jerk to them though just like to show up people who use the "cheater" discs

Your such a Hardass!

I bleed maize and blue except for the game that usually lands on my birthday at the end of the year! You living in Ohio and being a UofM fan is worse then my affliction lol

You might want to get that looked at...

Go PSU!

How are you not a duke or UNC fan? And really Penn State?!!?!?!? you must be joking because you guys have not won anything in the big ten in how long? And Jopa being dead and gone probably isn't going to help lol OSU aquiring Urban Meyer however......Nuff said

Wow...are you serious?

This may be the most ignorant post I've ever seen.

Wow...are you serious?

This may be the most ignorant post I've ever seen.

It's just my opinion which I am entitled to as you are entitled to yours...I personally think it is a disgrace to the game to allow the use of them in tournaments, otherwise what is the point of having specifications for making discs and while we're at it we might as well allow the EPIC to be used for competition. Also why waste time learning to throw discs that require skill and technique to use properly when you can pick up a brand new 130gram blizzard ape and the most inconsistent shots you could ever imagine but 1-10 happens to be 450ft in the direction you want it to be. New players are going to use them for obvious reasons which will slow the advancement of the sport.IMO

It's just my opinion which I am entitled to as you are entitled to yours...I personally think it is a disgrace to the game to allow the use of them in tournaments, otherwise what is the point of having specifications for making discs and while we're at it we might as well allow the EPIC to be used for competition. Also why waste time learning to throw discs that require skill and technique to use properly when you can pick up a brand new 130gram blizzard ape and the most inconsistent shots you could ever imagine but 1-10 happens to be 450ft in the direction you want it to be. New players are going to use them for obvious reasons which will slow the advancement of the sport.IMO

The EPIC is legal

http://aerobie.com/products/epic.htm

from what ive seen in the past 6 months or so, no one is suddenly beating me because they are throwing blizzards. some of them are getting a little more distance but everything is mostly the same

from what ive seen in the past 6 months or so, no one is suddenly beating me because they are throwing blizzards. some of them are getting a little more distance but everything is mostly the same

Right and that is why I dont care as much its not that big of a difference to most of the people i play with either because of how inconsistent the disc is and how the atmosphere effects it...

Right and that is why I dont care as much its not that big of a difference to most of the people i play with either because of how inconsistent the disc is and how the atmosphere effects it...

yah theres no reason to care, blizzards are not a threat to higher level players who have control over their heavy discs. some high level players are trying blizzard and some arent, either way is fine. i dont think anything negative about them, but they did nothing for me so i choose not to throw them at this time

So I have heard Blizzard Discs are for girls and now are for cheaters.lol That is some funny stuff, go with what works for you and not rip on others that have a use for them. On the good note, I am getting a replacement sent so I am happy!

From the PDGA boards

Originally Posted by fmags87
"to be honest wont the blizzard weighted discs take some of the fun and challenge of an event then. im not talking them down please dont assume that just trying to understand them a little better. i mean here u have the guys who have mastered the long flights of these discs over the course of time and perserverance, then i step up to the pad my first day and get the same d as them with a blizzard. eqality? and again im just trying to get the just on these is all. personally i am taking it as technology at its finest."

Dave D's reply
"Everyone, including the masters of the long throws can get more distance. The challenge of accuracy still remains."

Wow I missed that last I knew it wasn't legal but still I wouldn't throw it either. I prefer to stick with discs that take skill to throw far and good consistently lol I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post.....

No hating here, F the Epic. Just saying it is an approved disc.

...just like to show up people who use the "cheater" discs

This is too funny (and arrogant). I have used a KC 12x Star Wraith for quite a while at 164 grams. I added a 155 Bliz Wraith to my bag to try out, and it flys very nearly the same lines as my other wraiths, but runs about 15-20 feet longer.

So I am throwing the same mold, but 9 grams lighter, and that makes me a "cheater". :sick:

I also own a 162g Star Orc. Does that qualify as cheating too. It is pretty light for an Orc after all. :confused:

What about 150 class? Man, I guess they are all cheaters. :p

Seriously, this isn't discus or shot put, it is disc golf... All the bliz discs have done is gotten some people to try lighter weight discs. If you look at other molds with smaller rim depths, they already existed, but unfortunately a lot of developing players (myself included) tried throwing max weight assuming that was the "right" way to go.

Bliz discs are a good reminder that players should experiement for themselves to figure out not only which molds work for them, but what weight as well.

This is too funny (and arrogant). I have used a KC 12x Star Wraith for quite a while at 164 grams. I added a 155 Bliz Wraith to my bag to try out, and it flys very nearly the same lines as my other wraiths, but runs about 15-20 feet longer.

So I am throwing the same mold, but 9 grams lighter, and that makes me a "cheater". :sick:

I also own a 162g Star Orc. Does that qualify as cheating too. It is pretty light for an Orc after all. :confused:

What about 150 class? Man, I guess they are all cheaters. :p

Seriously, this isn't discus or shot put, it is disc golf... All the bliz discs have done is gotten some people to try lighter weight discs. If you look at other molds with smaller rim depths, they already existed, but unfortunately a lot of developing players (myself included) tried throwing max weight assuming that was the "right" way to go.

Bliz discs are a good reminder that players should experiement for themselves to figure out not only which molds work for them, but what weight as well.
By no means was I calling anyone who uses them a cheater lol I was just saying that blizzards as well as lighter weights take less effort to throw the same distance basically cheating lol not saying people who use them are cheaters but I guess I should have used better wording

Latest posts