• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I didn't go deep into the Twitter part, but I really see a problem, or even salt....

Critics say that he isn't ready for big tournaments and the spotlight yet. He states, or implies, the same and the same people criticize him for that, too.

I didn't go deep into the Twitter part, but I really see a problem, or even salt....

Critics say that he isn't ready for big tournaments and the spotlight yet. He states, or implies, the same and the same people criticize him for that, too.

what has he been saying in response to those critics up to this point?

i understand that it´s not for his brand to be out of the top 100. . . but he still needs to play all the courses on tour a few times . . harder to do if he drops out for the rest of the year.

but his placement this week probably broke him for a few days. . .hope he gets back on tour for a few more tries

what has he been saying in response to those critics up to this point?

I have no idea. I like following his development on his YouTube vids. And he comes across as humble and hardworking on those vids. I don't follow his Twitter or IG or listen to DG podcasts or anything like that, so I have no idea how he responds to critics.

So if this is a rhetorical question, you are going to have to spell it out for me.

I have no idea. I like following his development on his YouTube vids. And he comes across as humble and hardworking on those vids. I don't follow his Twitter or IG or listen to DG podcasts or anything like that, so I have no idea how he responds to critics.

So if this is a rhetorical question, you are going to have to spell it out for me.

I think you should form your own opinions and them come back and share with the class :) some suggestions

https://twitter.com/Brodiesmith21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKQcnOySFM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ-lx3OQZDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTX6osNZe68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwj-OS8KOEg

Local shop owner here that's completely turned to shixt by Discraft's inability to deliver product along with their lack of communication about it has commissioned a custom stamp....

GetFu****

True story

I didn't look that close, but didn't he more or less throw his rating this weekend? Like, exactly what you would expect someone to do?

Seems like he is in that zone around 975-990 where a lot of guys seems to level off at for awhile. I've seen it many a times around here with the local open players. Getting to that 1000 rating seems to take another level of control and consistency that you really have to put in extra work to get to.

Seems like he is in that zone around 975-990 where a lot of guys seems to level off at for awhile. I've seen it many a times around here with the local open players. Getting to that 1000 rating seems to take another level of control and consistency that you really have to put in extra work to get to.

I watched some of each of those clips. I think it's kinda gut check time for him. Looks like he tried golf but that didn't work out even though apparently he was pretty good? And dropped it pretty quick. Sounds like he came in thinking it would be a bit easier or he would progress faster. Honestly he is probably right where he should be with his level of athleticism and frisbee background. I still think it's hilarious that people are like OMG he just started (no he didn't). That 1000+ bump is pretty hard to get over. To be where he thinks he should be it's going to take awhile... could be years. With all of that being said... The guy sure does seem to want to change the game a lot.

Last edited:

I'd expect some of making that next step to 1000+ is also knowing your strengths and weaknesses and using those to wisely choose the events you play? The top tier pros will follow the payout, but for now I wouldn't expect Brodie to be relying on tournament winnings to get him by. Sure you wanna see how you stack up against the best, but at the same time if you're playing events at courses that don't mesh with your style it's going to be tough to be happy with your performance. Not necessarily saying that's a legit excuse to not improve the weak parts in his game, but being smart about where you play can have an impact on finishes and ratings.

I don't play a ton of dg anymore and am focusing most of my free time in the trail/ultra running scene, but it's the same principle. Even with something as simple as running you have strengths and weaknesses. Knowing the race profile ahead of time and how that fits into your style is a key aspect, especially at longer distances when there's a lot more strategy involved.

As far as "bigger" tournaments left this year, what else is left that he'd be possibly skipping? USDGC, but for the moment he hasn't qualified correct? So the statement of skipping bigger events might seem like a big deal right now, but were in reality ones he wasn't planning on playing anyway?

As far as "bigger" tournaments left this year, what else is left that he'd be possibly skipping? USDGC, but for the moment he hasn't qualified correct? So the statement of skipping bigger events might seem like a big deal right now, but were in reality ones he wasn't planning on playing anyway?

There's still three DGPT tour events, Green Mountain, Maple hill and Jonesboro plus the championship. He obviously isn't going to qualify for the championship but the tour stops are still "big" events... and at this point, he is still signed up for GMC. He's also signed up for a couple A-tiers that were rescheduled from early in the season. One that Paul is also playing, Jacksonville Open and The Open in Texas.

He can bomb and he can putt. All in 8 months. He will be a solid disc golfer at a faster rate than just about anyone who has played the game. Is he yet? No. Is he on the path to being one? Yes.

He can bomb and he can putt. All in 8 months. He will be a solid disc golfer at a faster rate than just about anyone who has played the game. Is he yet? No. Is he on the path to being one? Yes.

Not all in 8 months lol quit saying that... it's just simply not the case bruh.

What's the case then bruh?

Well he's been selling dark horse buzzzes for the better part of five years... Not to mention doing a trick shot video with Avery some 8 years ago. So for people to think that 8 months ago he was like oh man I'll try this Discgolf thing is just ridiculous. He's got all the tools to be good, he's a top notch frisbee thrower. I just don't buy he just started a few months ago. In one podcast he talks about having a 10x KC Aviar. Kenny won his 12th in '06. Should I continue or do you kinda see where I'm going here?

Latest posts