• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Another meh final round for Brodie... -1 1000 t-26th

I wonder what his deal is in final rounds. Is it fatigue or is he just putting to much pressure on himself to get up into the top10?...

It could be a bit of those things lately, but I think it's mostly coincidental.

His last round wasn't his worst round at Belton, Waco, Memorial, TStates, Vintage... so I doubt he's lost or gained a major mental or physical issue in that amount of time. Just finished the last couple of events a little weak. Happens to all of us if you play enough. I should know. :D

He is a 1007 rated player that has averaged around 1016 on tour this year. And he shot a 1000 round. So he was basically 1 or 2 shots off.

Looks like Brodie is going to miss out on Masters Cup. He's 5th on the waitlist and i have a hard time believing that many will drop in a week. Too bad, i was looking forward to seeing how he did on a course like DeLa...

I have never seen anyone type "I hate Brodie".

I have seen many say, "All the haters".

Oh I know a bunch of people in my local disc golf community that flat out said they can't stand him. I think some of them are coming around, but they hate how "Bro-y" he can be. Doesn't bother me.

I just thought it was interesting to see his progression in distance. It's impressive!

*fanboy enters thread composed of 200 supporters and neutral observers and four detractors*

fanboy: WHERE THA HATERZ NOW??!!1

Fanboy? Please. I respect the guy, sure.
Don't you think it's impressive for him to be consistently hitting 5 bills after just a year of playing? I sure do.
If that's a fanboy, then fine.

Don't you think it's impressive for him to be consistently hitting 5 bills after just a year of playing? I sure do.
You didn't come in with anything reasonable like that. You came in and immediately called out "the haters" in a thread and on a site with only a few people who don't support the guy. It was silly. I've been one of his more consistent supporters on this site and called his year end rating from the start and said he'd wind up 1020s or even 1030 one day. I still think your post was completely silly.

He isn't just consistently hitting 5 bills on golf lines. There are at least 30 guys, possibly more, that can do that. No, he's hitting 75mph + on the radar gun during a round throwing golf shots in which he isn't throwing 100% power at. That's something that only a handful of guys can do.

Radar gun don't lie, he is throwing as fast as the elite level Ricky/Simon/Eagle/GG guys are throwing right now. And his form could still use a little tweaking so there is more distance to come...

He's been playing disc golf for more than a year and throwing flying discs for much longer than that.

He could literally FH a lid across an entire Ultimate field.

You don't think that helps?

He's been playing disc golf for more than a year and throwing flying discs for much longer than that.

He's probably been throwing frisbees longer than Calvin and Eagle have been alive.

You didn't come in with anything reasonable like that. You came in and immediately called out "the haters" in a thread and on a site with only a few people who don't support the guy. It was silly. I've been one of his more consistent supporters on this site and called his year end rating from the start and said he'd wind up 1020s or even 1030 one day. I still think your post was completely silly.

Lol silly for simply asking where the haters are? My initial post was very reasonable... If you're butthurt about it, then you should get off the internet brah.
Don't try to be a thread forum hero bud. If you're such a "consistent supporter", then you should support my statement against the haters (because if you pay attention, there's a lot out there!).
I as well have been a very "consistent supporter" from his beginnings in Disc Golf, and before. Doesn't make you or I more qualified than the other to have an opinion. Get over yourself.

Of course if helps. It's still impressive.

Lol silly for simply asking where the haters are? My initial post was very reasonable... If you're butthurt about it, then you should get off the internet brah.
I found your post silly, and I treated it as silly. If you're butthurt over the fact that someone thought you were being silly, then you should get off the internet brah.
Don't try to be a thread forum hero bud. If you're such a "consistent supporter", then you should support my statement against the haters (because if you pay attention, there's a lot out there!).
I as well have been a very "consistent supporter" from his beginnings in Disc Golf, and before. Doesn't make you or I more qualified than the other to have an opinion. Get over yourself.
No. LOL. No in response to all your points.

You can consistently support the clear potential Brodie has without buying into his dumbass "i'Ve gOt hAtERz" obsession. The only people who are railing against "bRoDiE'z hAtErZ" are fanboys. I can recognize that Brodie Smith was once in the conversation for "best ultimate player on the planet" and that that potential should translate to being a top-flight professional disc golfer without buying into his dumbass narrative.

Lol.....you have taken it upon yourself to rid the world of Brodie haterz?

There are few to no haters here, so I suggest taking your quest to the courses and eradicate the great threat there, where you apparently are finding all this hate.

I think your post was silly also. Only because you are preaching to the wrong choir. I have read this thread and though some are not big fans, very few have vehemently came out against his expedition to become a top pro player.

I guess, if your pilgrimage must include DGCR, seek out and target the couple posters that are posting irrational disagreement with your boy. Characterizing all posters here as haters is just.........well, silly.

I was saying "Where are the haters now" to all of the haters out there, not necessarily in this forum (which there are). Man you guys are way too intense.
I guess I'm silly then. Sorry you got so offended!

Everyone got so worked up because I was impressed by Brodie's distance improving so quickly, and simply called out the "haters" as a joke. Ya'll need to calm down.