• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Build me a DGCR Bag!

So today I played the DGCR bag
So in this case it was the archer not the arrows. But the process made me so much more thankful for my normal arrows.

Sounds like you were having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have. :)

I tend to mix up bags once every couple of weeks, and play an "all-MVP" bag or "all-Prodigy" bag or "all-Lat64" bag, under the idea that the Archer will improve by throwing different arrows, and I do miss those core bag discs at times.

So today I played the DGCR bag round.

I played the Gold tees and baskets at Oregon Park, I have the most rounds on that course all time so the control aspect was already taken care of.

It is a Par 59 course and I have averaged 50.6 this year, so my goal with this largely foreign bag was a 51. Which I felt was lofty but doable. The first thing I noticed; I missed my Atoms. The Wizard is a really good putter, but the large bead and depth threw me off. The putts in the circle still went in, but outside it was hopeless. The wobble I got from inconsistent releases and the added fade meant the putts were often just above the cage.

Also I missed my Westside discs. The Scale while great never fades as sharply as the Harp. The Buzzz can hold a lot of lines, but it can't shape the like a Bard. The Teebird actually should have been fine, but the one I have is oddly LSS Stable while somehow being very flippy at high speeds. It was almost like a 7/3/-2/3 instead of the intended. And the Cannon has all the issues that the King does, but the grip and bigger rim made it harder for me to hit lines that I usually can nail in my sleep with a King.

You let me keep my Firebirds, and I threw them great. In fact I used them for more shots on the course than ever before. It got me 2 birdies on holes where I usually throw another disc, but because I was not as confident in the equivalent I had in the bag, I went FB and it was glorious. Even used it to approach a few times when I needed a bigger fade than anything slower in the bag could.

But one thing this exercise did was that's it made a course i often play on autopilot feel freash and challenging again. I did shots on the same old holes with different discs and methods and made it work. That was a cool feeling.

So if you made it trough all that, it was probably to hear my score. And I got the 51 I was looking for.

So in this case it was the archer not the arrows. But the process made me so much more thankful for my normal arrows.

Oregon really lends itself to trying multiple shots to achieve the same outcome. Part of why I like the course so much. I will have to try something like this myself. I will occasionally take faster discs out of the bag but rarely change it up so much to try and replace discs with an equivalent from another company. Maybe I will suggest something to my buddies where we build a bag for the others with our own discs. That way we are all throwing unfamiliar discs (although knowing what they are supposed to do will make them work). It might be fun to change things up a bit for a while.

Sounds like you were having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have. :)

I tend to mix up bags once every couple of weeks, and play an "all-MVP" bag or "all-Prodigy" bag or "all-Lat64" bag, under the idea that the Archer will improve by throwing different arrows, and I do miss those core bag discs at times.

Haha definitely for 8 am on a Monday!

It was actually harder for me than some of the all one company bags I've done because the feels were so inconsistent. Could have been all mental but it was fun either way.

Oregon really lends itself to trying multiple shots to achieve the same outcome. Part of why I like the course so much. I will have to try something like this myself. I will occasionally take faster discs out of the bag but rarely change it up so much to try and replace discs with an equivalent from another company. Maybe I will suggest something to my buddies where we build a bag for the others with our own discs. That way we are all throwing unfamiliar discs (although knowing what they are supposed to do will make them work). It might be fun to change things up a bit for a while.

Sounds like I need to fight traffic on I-285 and give Oregon Park a try. And then visit the PIASs in Kennesaw and Cartersville and see what discs they have...

OS Distance Driver;
Force

Stable/Undertable Distance Driver;
Cannon

OS Control Driver;
Firebird

Stable Fairway;
Teebird

Stable mid;
Roc3

Approach;
Rhyno

Putter;
Atom

Sounds like I need to fight traffic on I-285 and give Oregon Park a try. And then visit the PIASs in Kennesaw and Cartersville and see what discs they have...

I let me know if you do! I guide there and White Oak and you need a guide at WO for now.

The Kenesaw PIAS has a good disc selection and it changeable often, the one in Cartersville is not as good. They weren't even buying discs the last two times I went in and haven't had a shipment of new in almost 2 years. What they do have is mostly unpopular Innova X Outs and some overpriced used.

I let me know if you do! I guide there and White Oak and you need a guide at WO for now.

The Kenesaw PIAS has a good disc selection and it changeable often, the one in Cartersville is not as good. They weren't even buying discs the last two times I went in and haven't had a shipment of new in almost 2 years. What they do have is mostly unpopular Innova X Outs and some overpriced used.

Thanks, and thanks for the PIAS info. The Snellville PIAS is starting to run down, as well. Not many new discs, though a good number of used ones that were brought in. The North Dekalb Mall PIAS has som interesting discs, especially if one wants to try Prodigy, and a bunch of F2 discs, but they've had nothing new recently.