• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Many Discs Enter, One Bag Leaves

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
So over the last few years I've gradually changed around discs in my bag and made several fun theme or company bags that I really liked things about each of them.

But the time has come to make a call on what I really want to be throwing/buying for 2018.

So over the next month I will be testing and playing with many different discs to refine my bag and fill the 7-8 slots that I have.

Here are the categories/discs competing;

Neutral Putter;
Electron Atom
Soft Swan 2

Driving Putter;
Neutron Envy
TP/BTS Harp

Beefy Utility disc;
Fossil Stego
Lucid Justice
C Moab

Stable Mid;
Bard
Roc
Yao
Buzzz

Stable Fairway;
Stag
Eagle
Volt

OS Fairway;
Ahti
Firebird
Fireball/Motion
Spirit

Stable/Understable Distance Driver;
King
Mayhem/Octane
Shryke

OS Distance Driver;
Giant
Ape
Enforcer
Phase

I have some ideas where some slots will end up, but am trying to take out sentimentality and just throw the disc that I seem to throw the best.

Will update as the are emlimianted!

I'm interested in reading your updates in this process.

Two questions:

1) Is the ``Neutral Putter'' your putting putter or are all of these categories throwing discs?

2) You list 8 slots and talk about 7-8. Does this depend on the course or is there one slot you might drop completely, or slots you might merge with a tweener disc?

Neutral putter is my putting putter, but I usually carry 3 and one is for up shots.

I don't always carry all 8 slots, the uber OS slow discs and less stable distance drivers don't always come along. Course and conditions dictate that.

i only say this because weve exchanged in the past interested in a 165g e atom

how is the fireball vs motion

i only say this because weve exchanged in the past interested in a 165g e atom

how is the fireball vs motion

The Atom can straight slay, but I sometimes make more putts with the Swan, that will be close.

Both the Fireball and Motion are amazing. I can throw the Motion as hard as I want, anny it, it always fades. The Fireball, is just as long but with less fade and still almost no turn. I can also BH it better.

Both are contenders ATM, along with the FB and Ahti.

So over the last few years I've gradually changed around discs in my bag and made several fun theme or company bags that I really liked things about each of them.

But the time has come to make a call on what I really want to be throwing/buying for 2018.

So over the next month I will be testing and playing with many different discs to refine my bag and fill the 7-8 slots that I have.

Here are the categories/discs competing;

Neutral Putter;
Electron Atom
Soft Swan 2

Driving Putter;
TP/BTS Harp- Winner!

Beefy Utility disc;
Fossil Stego- Winner!

Stable Mid;
Bard
Roc

Stable Fairway;
Stag
Volt

OS Fairway;
Ahti
Firebird
Fireball/Motion

Stable/Understable Distance Driver;
King
Mayhem/Octane

OS Distance Driver;
Giant
Ape
Enforcer

I have some ideas where some slots will end up, but am trying to take out sentimentality and just throw the disc that I seem to throw the best.

Will update as the are emlimianted!

Some of these are now either settled or eliminated!

The Harp gets the slight edge over the Envy, just the extra potential fade made it more
Useful for me.

I found that the MOAB and Justice lines could be covered by my OS control driver or a Stego. But nothing else came close on the things I want the Stego for.

The Eagle was nice, but not as much glide as the Stag, or versatility as the Volt.

Shryke I didn't like the feel of as much, and ditto for the Spirit. The flight was fine with both, but the wing feel was not very good to me.

The Phase actually hurt to cut, but it was not enough longer than the control slot. Topping out in the 425 range. The others all hit 450 at least once.

Could you please describe the versatility the Volt has over the Eagle.

Volt forehands better and can throw straight to fade lines the Eagle couldn't(for me).

I liked the Eagle a lot and you can do things like turnovers and s curves more easily than a Volt.

What does the Stego do better than the Moab or Justice? And you like soft putters for putting? I don't know why, I find that interesting. Some of those burst Swans felt really good at the store today.

What does the Stego do better than the Moab or Justice? And you like soft putters for putting? I don't know why, I find that interesting. Some of those burst Swans felt really good at the store today.

I bet the stego falls straight out of the sky Better than the Moab or justice.

I'm just curious b/c the Stego looks so OS that it seems like a one trick pony to me. I'm turning into a MOAB fan, it seems like it would be more versatile but he's got a lot of other discs he can power up/down on that would overlap that versatility.