• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Business selling lost discs.

I believe 30 days is Glide's policy. If you bring them a found disc, they'll call the number and leave a message. Then u got 30 days before it goes in the used discs pile or gets donated.

Having Glide to use as a lost and found is such an awesome thing in Madison, and I really think it's why I get so many discs back compared to people here that say they never do. It removes the possible hassle of returning a disc, all u gotta do is drop at Glide next time ur there.

We tell people that we will hold their lost discs for 30 days, but we really hold them for a full calendar month. For example, if someone dropped off a disc today (August 15th), we will hold that disc through the end of September. Once October 1st arrived, we purge our lost and found of August's discs.

For the record, no unclaimed lost and found discs are added to our inventory of used discs. Instead, we have used them for local fundraising. For example, we have donated them to our local club, the folks just south of Madison in Evansville sold the discs in front of the shop to raise money for a second basket on holes 1-8 at their great little nine hole course and the Rebel Disc Golf Club did the same to raise money for the nine hole addition to Bird's Ruins in Marshall. Glide does not keep a cent from the sales of any unclaimed lost and found discs. We provide the service because it creates goodwill and drives traffic to the shop.

We tell people that we will hold their lost discs for 30 days, but we really hold them for a full calendar month. For example, if someone dropped off a disc today (August 15th), we will hold that disc through the end of September. Once October 1st arrived, we purge our lost and found of August's discs.

For the record, no unclaimed lost and found discs are added to our inventory of used discs. Instead, we have used them for local fundraising. For example, we have donated them to our local club, the folks just south of Madison in Evansville sold the discs in front of the shop to raise money for a second basket on holes 1-8 at their great little nine hole course and the Rebel Disc Golf Club did the same to raise money for the nine hole addition to Bird's Ruins in Marshall. Glide does not keep a cent from the sales of any unclaimed lost and found discs. We provide the service because it creates goodwill and drives traffic to the shop.

Glide is:
Easily the best disc golf shop in the universe!
My personal happy place.
Always has spotless ethics and intentions.

Thank you Mike for all that you do to help grow the sport.

Glide is:
Easily the best disc golf shop in the universe!
My personal happy place.
Always has spotless ethics and intentions.

Thank you Mike for all that you do to help grow the sport.

Getting to stop at Glide when I travel through Madison for work is by far one of the biggest perks. Great. Shop.

selling discs for DG fundraisers seems appropriate, inked or not. kinda tough to fault that idea....

selling discs for DG fundraisers seems appropriate, inked or not. kinda tough to fault that idea....

The Evansville course that benefited from the sale of unclaimed discs is a real gem.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6577

Glide is very active in helping clubs and course in the area.
Mike was quick to make a donation when we formed our club, and has been very supportive and helpful to us.
I would highly recommend supporting this shop.

Spinners on the Green had a lost disc buy back program.

If you found someone else's disc, you could turn it in for store credit (couple bucks for whatever: discs, gatorade, water).

They would keep a binder with all lost discs, the owners could come in and claim them and pay the couple bucks back to get them.

I always thought it was a good system and didn't mind paying $2-3 to get my disc back.