• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buying plastic direct

Jugular

Birdie Member
If I want to buy a bag full of discs of the same colour or weight or a set of identical training discs what's the best way to achieve this?

I would imagine contacting manufacturers directly would be a good option but is that feasible? Will manufacturers respond to orders of say 30 specific discs?

What size are production runs of each colour/plastic/weight? Do they just aim for a weight range and each disc comes out in it's own way? Or are there different molds for each weight/weight range?

If I want to buy a bag full of discs of the same colour or weight or a set of identical training discs what's the best way to achieve this?

I would imagine contacting manufacturers directly would be a good option but is that feasible? Will manufacturers respond to orders of say 30 specific discs?

What size are production runs of each colour/plastic/weight? Do they just aim for a weight range and each disc comes out in it's own way? Or are there different molds for each weight/weight range?

depending on the manufacturer and mold, some places have the option to buy a stack of identical putters for practice. Dynamic Discs is one of those manufacturers. what are you looking to get?

For putters either some JB Roaches, Paige's new putter or K3 Rekos.
Apart from that possibly a set of 10 Falks or 10 Gryms all in their mint green, or if not then I might consider buying lots of another single brand. I like the idea of a single brand because I can get consistent plastics/colours/molds and it keeps my options simpler.

Bags full of random coloured and stamped discs look untidy to me.

I've always liked the idea of being able to buy a set of discs just like you would buy a set of golf clubs. I contacted Discraft about this, maybe six years ago. All I remember is it didn't happen.

I imagine the smaller manufactures would be more likely to accommodate if able.

I'm pretty anal about color too. For what it's worth, I actually got my bag to where it was all one color and decided I didn't like it. Even though I keep my bag organized, I found myself pulling the wrong disc or having to take a second to think about it fairly often. I worked it over time to range through white, teal, blue. Works for me.

Let us know if you're able to pull it off. Good luck

I've always liked the idea of being able to buy a set of discs just like you would buy a set of golf clubs. I contacted Discraft about this, maybe six years ago. All I remember is it didn't happen.

I imagine the smaller manufactures would be more likely to accommodate if able.

I'm pretty anal about color too. For what it's worth, I actually got my bag to where it was all one color and decided I didn't like it. Even though I keep my bag organized, I found myself pulling the wrong disc or having to take a second to think about it fairly often. I worked it over time to range through white, teal, blue. Works for me.

Let us know if you're able to pull it off. Good luck

I have definitely been thinking about using a colour scheme that works nicely together. It's usually pretty straightforward to identify your disc types (putter/mid/fairway/distance - in fact, doesn't everyone order their discs in their bag by distance?). Then perhaps ranging through yellow/orange/red for us/s/os.

I usually buy from Infinite, and if I see they have multiples in their drop down menu of a disc I want, I'll buy all of them. I'm not sure if that means they are from the same batch or not, but they have always seemed identical to me.

I've never been able to get more than 4-5 with this method though, and you have to watch their inventory closely.

For putters either some JB Roaches, Paige's new putter or K3 Rekos.
Apart from that possibly a set of 10 Falks or 10 Gryms all in their mint green, or if not then I might consider buying lots of another single brand. I like the idea of a single brand because I can get consistent plastics/colours/molds and it keeps my options simpler.

Bags full of random coloured and stamped discs look untidy to me.

The roaches are a possibility. I remember ordering from gotta go gotta throw 5 identical challengers before. The Fierce by Paige is a long shot, there's just way too many color combinations with that one, you may be lucky to find a similar pair but that's it. Infinite is my go to now a days. Really any disc vendor that can give you pictures of each disc will help you accomplish what you want to do

I have been able to buy identical multiples by contacting the Innova Proshop.
Have also talked to vendors directly (MarshallStreet, DiscGolfCenter, GGGT, etc) by phone or email and they have always given me straight answers about what they had or did not have.
As for me, I've gone back and forth with the "identical" putter. Right now I'm putting with D Roaches on the course, but also practice with DX Aviars and P2's at the house.
Make sure your form is consistent and reliable and the putter is comfortable with your grip.
My experience has been that if your form and mechanics are consistent and simple, you can putt with a Firebird inside 20'.

discgolfcenter .
You can pick your color and weight.
I've built a green / glow bag that way with the exact discs I wanted.

Latest posts