• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz guide

So what are the Z Buzzzes that just have "Discraft" stamped on them? I've seen them being sold as Bar Stamp Buzzzes for around $20. Is that considered A bar stamp, but not THE bar stamp? Somebody I know bought one being sold as a bar stamp.

So what are the Z Buzzzes that just have "Discraft" stamped on them? I've seen them being sold as Bar Stamp Buzzzes for around $20. Is that considered A bar stamp, but not THE bar stamp? Somebody I know bought one being sold as a bar stamp.

People call the Discraft stamp a "team" stamp, or a "bar" stamp. this is not thee bar stamp buzzz. You can get a lot of bar stamp stuff from Discraft, especially through Dynamic Discs. I was just at a DD tournament, and they had stacks of almost every discraft disc with a team bar stamp (Buzzz, Challenger, Magnet, Nuke, Avenger, Etc.)

Midnight Z Buzzz - Fundraiser for 2005 Players Cup and 200? DGLO. Some of the flattest Buzzz you will find (Buzzz tooling).

I have 2 "first run" Ti Buzzz's in Pink, and those things aren't just flat, they're concave! On top of that, they're beefy as can be. Love em. Wish I had one of these 2005 Midnights to compare to it!

I have 2 "first run" Ti Buzzz's in Pink, and those things aren't just flat, they're concave! On top of that, they're beefy as can be. Love em. Wish I had one of these 2005 Midnights to compare to it!

I made the mistake of getting my Ti Buzzz in Olive.

It might be okay in the snow. Or on a desert course. Or something like that.

On grass, uhhh, not so much. Permanent "leave at home" disc unless I want to have a one in three chance of losing it every time I use it for more than putting. :)

I have had a few different Buzzzs. I carry 3 Z Buzzzs right now but I have thrown a Ti, X, and Z SS as well. The Z Buzzz is my favorite version of the disc. I have a bar stamp that is worn to under stable, a current production run that is worn to strait with no fade, and a newer current production one that covers my stable slot.
One of the most versatile molds in my bag with out a doubt

I have had a few different Buzzzs. I carry 3 Z Buzzzs right now but I have thrown a Ti, X, and Z SS as well. The Z Buzzz is my favorite version of the disc. I have a bar stamp that is worn to under stable, a current production run that is worn to strait with no fade, and a newer current production one that covers my stable slot.
One of the most versatile molds in my bag with out a doubt

That is a beautiful setup right there. I have a similar setup but in FLX plastic. Once someone masters the Buzzz it is a true do-all disc. Its basically taken away the need for fairway drivers for me. The Buzzz can cover shots that a lot of fairways can do and get almost the same distance. I still use Stalkers because I can poke them out about 50' past my Buzzz. I feel I can throw just about any shot I need with these two molds, and now with the stability of the Ti Stalker that just adds another weapon to the arsenal.

That is a beautiful setup right there. I have a similar setup but in FLX plastic. Once someone masters the Buzzz it is a true do-all disc. Its basically taken away the need for fairway drivers for me. The Buzzz can cover shots that a lot of fairways can do and get almost the same distance. I still use Stalkers because I can poke them out about 50' past my Buzzz. I feel I can throw just about any shot I need with these two molds, and now with the stability of the Ti Stalker that just adds another weapon to the arsenal.

I showed my group at the Old Settler's Open the beauty and versatility of a Buzzz. When they were all throwing drivers on 330'-380' holes, I was whipping out my magic yellow bar stamp and hitting the line with it, landing my drive much closer to the basket than anyone that threw their drivers. What amazed them the most (apart from seeing a Buzzz fly well over 300') was how I launched it high on a hyzer and had it spike down after stalling to land very close to the basket. They seemed amazed that a Buzzz could be thrown on a 300' spike hyzer in to a head wind for some reason.

As much fun as that was, I got even more of a kick out of it when after the tournament was over, one of the guys in my group wanted me to throw his buzzz and tell him what I thought of it. He followed that up by stating that he really needs to look into learning how to throw mid-ranges! :) :)

On grass, uhhh, not so much. Permanent "leave at home" disc unless I want to have a one in three chance of losing it every time I use it for more than putting. :)

Did you order online? I can see that mistake being made easily. I was at PIAS a few weeks back, and they had an opto river that was the color of dirty pond water or something. You could throw that once and NEVER find it again. I swear, some colors just shouldn't be.

Did you order online? I can see that mistake being made easily. I was at PIAS a few weeks back, and they had an opto river that was the color of dirty pond water or something. You could throw that once and NEVER find it again. I swear, some colors just shouldn't be.

Yep. That's what I did. Online the "olive" color looked really bright. I think they got a photo with a LOT of reflected light.

Anyway, perhaps it'll come in handy if I play disc golf on the moon. Or as a dinner plate in a pinch.

I have z buzzz, z comet and a Morino roc. When I first started throwing I loved my buzzz. No that it's getting beat in it flies much like my comet with less glide. So I don't throw it nearly as much as my roc or comet. I still love my buzz but it's playing a lesser part in my game now.

I have a buzzz question. I have a beat 175 elite z buzzz that turns over when I try to throw it hard it turns to the right the majority of the way and never really fades. I want to get a new buzzz that I can throw hard and straight lines with fade at the end and big hyzers so what kind of buzzz should I get? I was thinking TI until I heard they were like lightly seasoned z's new and the a glo z but some people in a thread about those said the didn't get as much distance as a z. I was thinking of a 177+ glo z or a 177+ elite z.

Thanks. Is the glo just a tiny amount more stable at first or at those weights is there even a noticeable difference?

Good to know. I'll probably pick up a heavy elite z this weekend. Thanks.

discrafts lack of vibrant colors in ti is a laughing joke. they do not have a white one, or brighter colors.

i have a nice cfr 2005 disc from 2004/2005 stocks. as well disc is sweet, and a concave purple/gold ti

discrafts lack of vibrant colors in ti is a laughing joke. they do not have a white one, or brighter colors.

i have a nice cfr 2005 disc from 2004/2005 stocks. as well disc is sweet, and a concave purple/gold ti

Yeah, this is where Ti is going to live or die. If they don't add some more vibrant colors, especially with fall on the way, they are never going to sell.

Edit: Judging by the banner ads up top here, they are trying to change up the colors, so good for them.